facebook

confused

by: freshman

so what is this whole thing between kappa and phi mu. like I've heard really great things about kappa and the girls at their events are super nice but some people are telling me that phi mu is better....

Posted By: freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Unbiased opinion   

Phi mu used to be #1 a couple of years ago.They did have ambitios and hot girls but they were very aggressive and mean downranking other sororities, calling everyone their rejects and making statements like "Phi Mu is always the best" ( regardless of their pledges or other people's opinion). Needless to say it affected their popularity. There were many stories about them being catty and mean. Even plain Phi Mu girls had a chip on their shoulder and acted condescending. The other sororities didn't really care and didn't participate in a ranking competition. But things have changed. In a last two years many hot and accomplished girls joined Aphi and Kappa while being repelled by Phi Mu's attitude of entitlement. But I think the nastiest girls have graduated by now. So it is a matter of a personal preference now. Both Kappa and Phi Mu are great sororities to belong to.

By: Unbiased opinion
#2  by: so here's the truth   

Greek member of a different organization here. Way back in the day, after Theta got kicked off campus, Phi Mu was number one and Kappa was where Pi Phi is. Throughout the years, because of Phi Mu's attitude, Kappa slowly started building up their reputation (especially with last year's pledge class). Phi Mu still gets top recruits, but they're no longer number one on this campus. Kappa has a few years to be where Phi Mu currently is, but they still have some top notch girls. Overall, they just seem to attract different types of girls, simple as that.

By: so here's the truth
#3  by: Sorority pov    

I'm not in kappa or phi mu but I can tell you that kappa has definitely moved into the second spot and phi mu had dropped to third. The two other posts outline why but basically kappa's chill vibe and genuine love of their sisterhood has attracted the more accomplished and attractive girls this past year.

By: Sorority pov
#4  by: agreed   

The difference between Kappa and Phi Mu right now is that they both had pretty much equally hot pledge classes last year but Phi Mu is falling and Kappa is on the rise.

By: agreed
by: gdiOct 28, 2014 10:35:46 PM

^^ agreed!

By: gdi
#5  by: reality from a GDI    

Okay Kappa is still in third place. Theyre rising but they arent near phi mu in the slightest. If you get phi mu, you go phi mu.

By: reality from a GDI
by: yepOct 29, 2014 12:19:19 PM

This is most accurate. I don't know anyone who chose Kappa over Phi Mu.

By: yep
by: saeOct 29, 2014 3:08:05 PM

this comment just sounds like a butthurt phi mu. go kappa, they are just as fun without all the bs girl drama of phi mu. and they didn't us on probation on from our last mixer

By: sae
by: uhNov 2, 2014 1:55:12 PM

i know girls who have chosen kappa over phi mu, i don't know what you're talking about

By: uh
by: Another gdi opinion Nov 2, 2014 2:00:19 PM

Honesty if you get kappa and phi mu, go kappa. All my friends in kappa love it and most of my phi my friends can't stop complaining about it. Kappa girls are known for being really awesome

By: Another gdi opinion
#6  by: True   

Go kappa if you are a freshmen because by the time you are a sophomore or a junior phi mu will be irrelevant

By: True
by: agreedOct 29, 2014 6:12:54 PM

^^^ that's actually a really good point.

By: agreed
#7  by: -----   

PHI MU IS LYFE

but actually, those are their attitudes and is why they lost their position as #1 years ago

By: -----
by: HOPballsNov 8, 2014 4:52:27 PM

They just seem to pick up b...y girls for their pledges. Even those girls who are nice on the serfice have meanstreaks. They do have a lot of hot girls but they are not even nearly as popular as they were two years ago.

By: HOPballs
#8  by: Fraternity Brother   

Phi Mu and Kappa are both fun to hang out with, especially at mixers, but the difference is that Phi Mu has more people that care. At an event there will be about 40-50 Phi Mu girls for a mixer but maybe only 30-40 Kappa girls.

By: Fraternity Brother
by: mehNov 2, 2014 4:43:35 PM

Lately phi mu has apparently not been great with attendance
I've hear this from brothers of several frats

By: meh
by: uhhhNov 3, 2014 4:41:58 PM

phi mu uses mixers as a pregame (no wonder ppl don't like mixing w/them)

By: uhhh
by: honestlyNov 3, 2014 6:54:34 PM

phi mu's only really major mixer "connections" are with pike and SAE and since one is already gone and the other is in big trouble, they probably won't very many mixers in the coming semester. just saying.

By: honestly
by: honestlyNov 3, 2014 11:05:56 PM

and kappa has been mixing with a lot of top frats lately...sorry phi mu

By: honestly
by: @ummmNov 6, 2014 6:48:06 PM

Girls stop showing up for mixers when brothers either not very attentive or when there are other reasons...

By: @ummm
#9  by: lol   

if you're debating between Kappa and Phi Mu, you probably don't belong in Phi Mu

By: lol

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.