facebook

tiers and stereotypes

by: Frosh

As an incoming freshman in the fall, I'm curious about the tiers and reputations of the frats... anyone care to describe?

Posted By: Frosh
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: alpha   

I'd say that top frats on campus are going to be Pike, Phi Psi and SAE. Like the first commenter, Phi Psi throws decent parties. The problem is that they have sort of a small basement and are a stoner frat. SAE has a large basement but runs out of alcohol very fast. As for Pike, yes, they have a dirty house, but they throw the best parties, never run out of drinks, and go the hardest.

By: alpha
#2  by: iota   

Beta is also climbing the ranks but is not quite at the level of Pike, Phi Psi, SAE, and FIJI

By: iota
#3  by: kppa   

Realistically you're not going to hear it from many guys because other frats really dont like them on campus but Beta is really awesome and is my favorite! "Tiers" dont really exist at hopkins. Keep an open mind for the first semester and kind of go everywhere until you find where you fit in!

By: kppa
#4  by: !!   

Honestly, Hopkins greek life is so small that anyone who is greek life is considered somewhat "normal" and social. Any of the Frats in the top and mid list posted in Comment #5 are interchangeable by rank depending on what scene you like better. If you like athletes more you will go for wawa, if you like pretentious people elmos, if you like chill stoners aepi or phi psi. SAE and Pike usually have bigger basement parties. Fiji is over rated.

By: !!
#5  by: adam   

Greek life is somewhat small at Hopkins. There isnt really a "big 5" group of frats, because everyones opinions are so varied. For the sororities however, Alpha Phi is in my opinion seen as the best (social girls, hot, not snobbish, great to mix with) and while Phi Mu does have a lot of hot girls, they are very snobby. Kappa has a lot of nice girls as well, but Pi Phi isnt as popular. 1. APhi 2. Kappa/Phi Mu 4. Pi Phi

By: adam
#6  by: Bro   

Lol kappa >>>>>> phi mu, nice try phi mu

By: Bro
#7  by: fraternity brother    

as hot as phi mu is, they suck to mix with. ix and aphi, are fun and hot...making them wayyy better to mix with than phi mu.

By: fraternity brother
#8  by: depends   

It's tough to rank. There's no denying that SAE and PIKE throw down the most and have the biggest parties. They're high ranks are pretty much based on that. It all depends on what you want to get out of the frat and who you like to hang out with. Honestly you can be a really cool guy in a less popular frat and get more girls than a scummy guy in a popular frat. The frat doesn't make you so pick the people you want to be surrounded by rather than picking the reputation that comes along with it.

As far as sororities go... all bets are off. It's basically a ranking system where you end up in aphi or phi mu if you're hot. That's all I have to say about that.

When it comes down to it though, it's hopkins, it's hard. Being an independent is fine and you'll probably end up getting better grades anyway.

By: depends
#9  by: :)   

what kevin said

By: :)
#10  by: jr girl   

sororities are very easy to rank....
SORORITIES: IX>Phi Mu>A Phi>Kappa>Pi Phi
frats are much harder to rank but can be categorized...
TOP: (Fiji and Phi Psi), MIDDLE: (wawa, pike, SAE), Ehh: (Beta, Sigep, and ae pi), Bottom: (lambda, phi delt, and sig chi)
honestly the sororities are kind of just a superficial hotness contest. the frats tho are basically just finding the group of guys you fit into best and get along with best.

By: jr girl

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.