facebook

getting nervous

by: G

Ok sooooo this whole site makes me nervous! I'm a sophomore with a 2.9 GPA, I'm a legacy, resume is very good and I say in pretty decent looking. What are my chances for fall recruitment and which houses will be interested? I also have recommendation letters!

Posted By: G
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Truth   

With a 2.9 you have a slim to none chance for a good house. A very low chance for a bad house as well. I know Kappa, Zeta, Pi Phi, Chi O, G Phi and KD won't take you. Your legacy house might take you.

By: Truth
#2  by: 2.9??   

Very low grades and sophomore status are against you. You should be open minded and fall in love with any house that invites you back. If your legacy house has fairly good grades I don't think you should count on them. In fact, you might even want to cut them in order to make room to keep the lower houses. The upper houses may keep you for a couple of rounds, but will ultimately drop you. That could leave you with no houses if you have a schedule full of top ranking houses who can't pledge you because of academic reasons.

By: 2.9??
#3  by: Nervous   

I would be nervous if I was you.... You really shouldn't have slacked off your first year.

By: Nervous
#4  by: Greek   

Don't worry, after all.. Your gpa is set. There is NOTHING you can do about that. Just take the next step as it comes. Chances are, if you are half way normal, you will find a house that appreciates you and will have a great college experience with friends that will last you your entire life. The "bottom houses" still have great girls that would be a blast to hang out with. Don't let the house define you. Make the house good.

By: Greek
#5  by: Ok   

Just be yourself, smile, and talk. You will do fine.

By: Ok
#6  by: Agree   

Take any house and make them the best one on campus!

By: Agree
by: best Jul 30, 2013 2:55:36 PM

This is your best advice. If your leg house is a top house you're not going to get it. Prepare now and don't be upset when it happens. Make sure you've kept some "safety" houses so you don't get cut by everyone at once.

By: best
#7  by: Relax   

You will be fine. Act positively, be sweet, look your best, and you will be fine. OSU has the best greek system ever.

By: Relax

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.