facebook

communication

by: Yo!

Hello OSU Greek Community, I'm an incoming freshman and after orientation and camp, I've decided to take a shot at joining a fraternity. The main problem I have with this is that I don't really hear back from the houses I contact. I've talked to a few and after a phone call and a minimal amount of texts, I don't hear back from them at all. I don't know if they're too busy to get back to me or if it's just another way of saying "No thanks." I feel like I joined a little late on this and fraternities aren't as eager to pursue potential members as they would be a month or 2 ago.

On a lighter note, I had lunch with a recruit chairman earlier this week and it went well, hoping to get a bid from them later on. I'm just wondering if I need to be more assertive when it comes to staying in touch with a recruiter. I don't know if calling/texting every once in awhile shows a definite interest that's appreciated, or if it just annoys them to death and they'd rather me just wait to be contacted.

Posted By: Yo!
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: rushguy   

Don't listen to the spammer, they obviously have too much free time and don't respect greek life. You are a little late to the game, so many fraternities might already be full. But the nice thing about OSU Greek life is there is still plenty of time. If the fraternities you like are not taking any more people, ask if they will have a spring pledge class, and if not, just rush in the fall as a sophomore. Unlike sororities, rushing as a sophomore is common and not something that will really hurt your chances of getting into a good house. Best of luck!

By: rushguy

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.