facebook

spring rush for sororites

by: OSUFish

Im thinking about not going through rush in the fall because my HS grades aren't that good and I want time to adjust to college life. What are my options and what is spring rush like? Should I just wait and rush as sophomore?

Posted By: OSUFish
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: osu   

It depends how low your GPA is exactly. If panhellenic advises you to wait until spring, it would probably be a good idea. GPA is a very strong factor when it comes down to what chapters you will be invited back to. Spring rush is SUPER laid back, but not ALL chapters participate. You can always try spring rush and if you don't find a chapter that fits, you can wait and rush summer 2014.

By: osu
#2  by: OSUFish   

If a chapter makes their quota do they usually participate in spring rush? Which chapters typically participate in spring rush?

By: OSUFish
#3  by: osu   

It really just depends! Let's say chapter total is 200 members. So if a chapter has exactly 200 members and some members quit for various reasons, transfer, etc. this will allow for them to participate in COR (spring rush). The chapters that participated in spring COR last year were AOPi, ADPi, Alpha Chi, Gamma Phi, Phi Mu, Kappa, and Tri Delt I believe. But this does not mean these same chapters will be open next spring nor does it mean some others won't participate! There's no certain way to tell.

By: osu
#4  by: Answer   

Most participating because of girls leaving for professional school, etc. will only be taking a very few. Likely they already know who they want by Oct.

By: Answer
#5  by: Greekpoke   

Your options in fall recruitment and spring cor will be the same. Top houses do not take sophomores. ΑΧΟ ΑΔΠ ΡΜ ΚΚΓ ΓΦΒ ΑΟΠ all took girls during continuous open recruitment. KKG only had a select spots and you usually need a girl pulling for you to get in. Just being honest, pi phi theta KKG chi o will cut you first day for being sophomore unless you have a great reason and have a girl pulling for you along with a great
Resume and personality.

By: Greekpoke

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.