facebook

summer rush

by: Confused

So I am being rushed by a few houses (Sig Ep, Kappa Sig, Phi Delt, Pike, SAE)

My sister is currently in a sorority that is thought highly of in the discussion section.

Her favorite house on the list is Sig Ep (my least favorite other than Pike) but she did homecoming with them recently, as well as a few shows.

I like Phi Delt but she says stay away from them and that I won't get along with them. What does she mean?

I also like Kappa Sig too. She says they are nice but doesn't know a ton about them. They are tied with Phi Delt with who I want to go with. Whats up with them? I hear a lot of mixed things.

SAE- Not a huge fan of SAE but I hear their good.

Pike- I could tell they weren't good from the dinners I've gone on.

So tell me what's up with these choices?

Posted By: Confused
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Anonymous    

First off you have some solid houses giving you a look! Second off If I guess right your sister is a G Phi, which is a fine house. However you need to make sure you choose the house that you feel is right for YOU!

Sig Ep- What you are probably noticing is a house on the decline, and that is why you don't like them as much. Their last pledge class was crap and it is showing. Your sister might try and get you to go here, but if you don't feel it, don't do it. If you want to go there then sign there!

Phi Delt- I know exactly why she is telling you to stay away. Phi delt is a good house and they have improved a TON lately, actually they won most improved I think. Your sister however sees you as her innocent little brother and Phi delt rages really hard, and have been known to be disrespectful to women. Remember you have to make your own choice

Kappa Sig- Since you like Phi Delt, I am not surprised you like Kappa Sig. They also are a house that has been improving leaps and bounds. They do have a reputation for being really nice to girls, I saw them serenade a few houses once. Gphi hasn't paired with them for anything since I've been at OSU so that's probably why she doesn't know a ton but thinks they're nice. Not a top house but no one on this list is really. They still have a lot of room to grow, a lot of people base them off their past (same with phi delt) so that is why you have heard mix things I am sure.

SAE- Surprised you don't like them because I see them as similar to

By: Anonymous
#2  by: Anonymous    

The other 2 houses above, they are really fun guys and are great at homecoming. They also win wish week a lot (Phit delt won it last year I think) I would say give them a chance. Also remember to go where YOU want to go again.

Pike. Ya Pike sucks I'm not surprised. There are some cool ones though.

Just remember follow what you feel and you'll end up the right house. Good luck and have fun with rush!

By: Anonymous
#3  by: Hmmm   

Kappa Sig SAE or Phi Delt would all be good choices. I feel like Sig Ep is a good house, but their rapid decline is worrying.

By: Hmmm
#4  by: Ya   

I would say avoid Sig Ep and Pike. You're lucky the houses you like are on the rise!

By: Ya
#5  by: SKP   

This girl has obviously been hurt by an SAE, or is a Sig Ep in drag (not a surprise) . We are one of the best houses on campus, Sig Ep blows and are way weirder than any Kappa Sig or Phi Delt. If you're looking for a "fratty" fraternity SAE Kappa Sig and Phi Delt are all good choices, and they all neighbor sororities (Sig Ep lives in something that looks like a motel far away from everything)

By: SKP

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.