facebook

christian values?

by: Faithful

My faith is very important to me and I'm a devoted Christian. I know we aren't suppose to talk about religion during recruitment but I really would like to be in a sorority with strong Christian values. Are there certain chapters that are more faith based ?

Posted By: Faithful
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Opinion   

If you want I sorority that is based around faith then you should check out sigma phi lambda. They're not a Panhellenic sorority but they are a religious one. If you're looking for a Panhellenic sorority I know most chapters have religious girls but a few that come to mind are phi mu, aopi, and chi o

By: Opinion
by: FaithfulMay 19, 2017 12:12:17 PM

Thank you, can you do both? Be in a Panhellenic sorority and the religious one ?

By: Faithful
by: mmMay 21, 2017 11:42:56 AM

you could, but SFL requires a lot of time, moreso than other non-panhel sororities.

By: mm
#2  by: truth   

All the houses have groups of girls who are strongly Christian, girls who have great morals but are not Bible beaters, and girls who have looser morals and are not religious. You will find a group within the house that you choose. No house except Sigma Phi Lambda is completely Christian. Technically I think you could be in both, but you wouldn't have time because they would both have a lot of time requirements.

By: truth
by: FaithfulMay 19, 2017 5:46:15 PM

Thank you , this is helpful

#3  by: hi   

^ agree that every house has girls that will be devoutly religious like you are looking for. based off my experiences this year with campus ministries and various churches the girls that i've seen that seem to be the most godly have come from chi-o and theta. they're very involved in things like yada, rooted, churches in stillwater, and various camps and have more girls whose actions at least appear to match up with their christian claims. i'm rushing next year as a sophomore and am especially interested in these two houses for this exact reason

By: hi
by: FaithfulMay 19, 2017 6:04:33 PM

Thank you

by: umMay 21, 2017 12:05:22 AM

I'm in one of the houses you mentioned and I think you ought to know that not all the girls in our house are godly. In fact, I wrote the one above saying that all houses have all kinds of girls. You obviously only know one kind of girl and I think you should avoid any house but Sigma Phi Lambda because you will be disappointed in some of your sisters. You're probably more looking for a church group than a social sorority.

By: um
by: ^^May 23, 2017 11:41:32 PM

Listen to the above advice. You are not going to like panhellenic sororities because they are not Christian. They allow girls of all religions and no religions to become members. They're incredibly diverse and it sounds like you wouldn't like that because not all the girls (or even most of them) are godly. Sigma Phi Lambda is for you. They're a good house and the girls are godly.

By: ^^
#4  by: bye   

and pi phi has some too. dont forget

By: bye
by: wellMay 21, 2017 2:29:02 PM

Actually all the houses probably have the same number of godly girls. The difference is which houses let the wild girls go wild without having to report to standards.

By: well
by: lolMay 23, 2017 7:49:55 PM

Yea the houses that don't punish girls for being in college tend to be the better houses.

By: lol
by: ha haMay 23, 2017 11:38:48 PM

There is a difference in "being in college" and "going wild" I think. It's fine to drink, but drinking so much you throw up on your date at a date party is another thing. And I think you probably know that.

By: ha ha
#5  by: Being honest   

It's probably best if you don't rush a social sorority because it looks like you'll be judgmental of your sisters because of their beliefs. Just because others go out does not make them a sinner. College will show you that if you judge others they will judge you.

By: Being honest
by: Faithful May 21, 2017 5:18:55 PM

Yet you judge me for asking a question? You'll notice my question had no bias and was not judgemental at all. I was simply asking a question.

by: ^ excellent answerMay 24, 2017 7:32:54 PM

Yes, this is how it is. Panhellenic sororities can't discriminate so you are not going to find on based solely on Christian values. You're looking for a unicorn. Give it up and go for SPL.

By: ^ excellent answer
#6  by: Good luck    

Want your morals and values challenged? Join a sorority.

By: Good luck

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.