facebook

meals at the sorority houses

by: Pistolpete

I'm an incoming freshman thinking about rushing. I think Greek life sounds awesome and living in the house would be so fun! My only concern is that I have really strict dietary needs (gluten free, vegetarian and lactose intolerant). I don't want that to keep me from rushing, but if I got a bid and was to live in the house at some point, would I be able to eat anything provided? Just trying to think long term and if it's something I could handle lol

Posted By: Pistolpete
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Honestly   

I would ask your gamma chis any tough questions that you may have during rush week, but there are a lot of people with strict diets that find things to eat living in house

By: Honestly
by: PistolpeteMar 2, 2017 7:58:31 PM

Thanks for your help!

By: Pistolpete
#2  by: Greek   

In my experience, if you provide a doctors note and tell the cooks these things, they'll prepare a special meal for you that fulfills those requirements

By: Greek
by: PistolpeteMar 2, 2017 7:58:42 PM

Thanks for your help!

#3  by: do it!!   

That should not keep you from getting a bid at all! I know some houses have a lot more vegan/gluten free options than others but for my specific house we have a few girls who have strict dietary needs. Those girls just don't pay for food and that amount is taken away from their bill. Hope this helps!

By: do it!!
by: PistolpeteMar 2, 2017 7:59:15 PM

Good to know. Thanks for your help!

#4  by: Well   

I know just speaking from the house I'm in, there are girls who or vegan or can't have gluten and our chef is very accommodating and makes sure that everybody has something to eat. I'm sure it varies by house but hopefully it wouldn't end up being a problem:) good luck during recruitment!

By: Well
by: PistolpeteMar 2, 2017 7:59:46 PM

Good to know! Thanks for your help and your kind words!

#5  by: Uhh   

When you sign up for recruitment put your dietary needs under special needs or requirement or requests sections. If and when you get into a house the chefs are understanding and will make special meals for you you just have to talk to them about it.

By: Uhh

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.