facebook

What happened with DG??

by: ConfusedAlumn

I went to WVU from 2014-2019 and when I was a student here DG was one of the top sororities. I ultimately ended up in another house, but every DG that I met was always friendly, fun, and pretty. They were definitely known as the "hot party girls" but had good personalities, too. I decided to check this website again to see if anything's changed since I left and I'm just shocked to see that DG's considered "bottom" now. AOPi and Pi Phi were "bottom" back then. It seems like Pi Phi hasn't changed, but AOPi seems to get less hate than DG. What happened? Did they get some bad PCs the past few years or have some sort of scandal? I'm genuinely curious.

Posted By: ConfusedAlumn
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Lmao   

Dg has never been top? I agree they used to be more desirable, but never one of a pnms first choices. They started taking pi phi level girls, had a scandal with something about a girl using the r word. They dropped super fast and hard. If they can't get a good PC this recruitment they'll be worse than pi phi

By: Lmao
#2  by: oldhead   

There was a huge scandal in fall of 2013 where at least 30 girls got kicked out, and then many dropped, I would say 20. It was all of the main members as well. They were not on top then. And it has been hard for them to get back since then. Alpha Xi also had a huge scandal spring 2014 but they rebounded pretty well.

By: oldhead
by: ConfusedAlumnJan 10, 2022 11:12:19 AM

I remember the AXiD scandal pretty well since the girls who were kicked out were all over twitter bashing other houses. It got to the point where they sent flowers to AOPi and Pi Phi as an apology for the mean comments lol. It took some time for them to bounce back, though. They took a huge pledge class that spring and it was full of girls who didn't fit with the former "mould". Then there was some scandal with a girl in there eating her pet duck. My cousin joined DG right after the scandal in 2013 and they seemed to bounce back quickly after that, but it seems like they have had multiple scandals since then. Sad.

By: ConfusedAlumn
#3  by: Really?   

So let me get this right…you’ve been out of school for 3-4 years but still feel fine with coming on here, bashing other houses and referring to those houses as “bottom. “ Way to support Panhellenic. Sad

By: Really?
by: OmgJan 10, 2022 3:40:05 PM

Literally. Right before recruitment too? Shady af and so immature considering I highly doubt an alum would care enough to actually do this. Definitely an active member who made this post, probably a dg too trying to find out where it all went wrong lol

By: Omg

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.