facebook

Going thru sorority recruitment? Forget about tiers

by: Honesty

The best sorority is the one that is best for you. People talk about tiers all the time, but what you have to realize is that each organization was founded upon a set of values. When you go through recruitment, make sure you get to know the girls for who they are more than their rank on here (most of the ranks are either self-ranks or haters trying to bring other sororities down) or how popular they are. When I went through recruitment, I wanted a certain sorority and was crushed that they dropped me the first day. I felt like I wasn’t even given a chance. Looking back, they did me a favor by dropping me because I ended up in a sorority that was truly right for me, and as my years at WKU went on I figured I definitely would have dropped if I ended up in the sorority I had my heart set on during the first night.

WKU isn’t a big enough school to have “tiers”. It’s not like University of Alabama or Arizona State. From my experience, if you want to view things as “tiers” I would say that they change semester to semester. During fall, a sorority might not end up with a good pledge class, and need to do recruitment in the spring. The next year, they might end up with the best pledge class on the Hill.

The point of being in a sorority is to make friends, have things to do, have access to neat opportunities, grow into the best version of yourself, and make your college years memorable. Popularity contests should be left in high school. If you’re judging a sorority by how pretty the girls are, you have some growing up to do. If you judge a sorority by what’s said on this website, you’re limiting yourself to incredibly biased information/opinions. If you’re aiming to join a certain sorority because frats like the girls in it, there’s no point in joining a sorority at all... just go to a frat party with some friends.

Don’t go through sorority recruitment just to see where you’ll end up and then drop. That leaves the sorority with spots that they could have used for people that legitimately wanted to be there.

This is the only thing I will do: I will describe each sorority with a positive phrase or word.
- Alpha Delta Pi: smart/good grades.
- Alpha Gamma Delta: genuine.
- Alpha Omicron Pi: spirited/confident.
- Alpha Xi Delta: fun to hang out with.
- Chi Omega: chill/laid back.
- Delta Zeta: accepting.
- Kappa Delta: determined.
- Omega Phi Alpha: service-oriented/gracious. (Keep in mind they don’t go through traditional recruitment, their recruitment is separate)
- Phi Mu: friendly.
- Sigma Alpha: perfect for women in agriculture. (Also doesn’t do traditional recruitment)
- Sigma Kappa: diverse.

Posted By: Honesty
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: wku    

Love this and I think it’s very positive and accurate. Join a sorority to find girls you vibe with and want to be around, not who you think is the “best.” Wku isn’t the place for tiers or ranks, if you care about that don’t rush or go to a bigger school.

By: wku
#2  by: LMAO   

I agree with this 1000%. People self rank on this website all the time and its not a good place to try to understand the reputation of a chapter. Your also right about reputations changing frequently. If your gonna go thru recruitment do it with an open mind. You will make friends in Greek life no matter what. You might meet people thru your gamma chi group or at a sisterhood event or end up with a roommate that went to a different sorority. Some people go in wanting KD or Chi O and get dropped by both the first night and think their life is over and then they end up in AOPi or AXiD and they’re happy. I know a girl that was super upset because she got dropped by every sorority due to an error on panhellenic’s part but then she got a snap bid and loves her sorority. She really wanted ADPi but they didn’t give any snap bids I don’t think and now shes glad she ended up where she is now.

By: LMAO
#3  by: truth   

PREACH. THANK YOU. SOMEONE SAID IT. ALL OF THIS!!!!!

By: truth
#4  by: :)   

This is 100% accurate. I hope everyone is so excited to find their homes today. Congrats to all the new members receiving bids. You cannot go wrong with where you are wanted and feel loved.

By: :)

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.