facebook

recruitment videos and advice for pnms

by: Dropped Greek life

After dropping from my Greek organization to focus more on my classes and internships, I realized a lot about how hard going into recruitment as a freshman 3 years ago was from all the stuff sororities post for the PNMs to look at. The first thing I think is important is to make sure you keep social media accounts classy or make them private. Sororities drop girls if they notice many red flags. Another thing is to not get in your head that you want to go with one sorority durin recruitment because of their recruitment video and social media posts. Every sorority will go all over campus dressed up during the semester or during the summer and film a select group of members who will make the video look good. Of course the videos aren't completely fake, but don't assume you will be running holding hands on the football field or laying in a circle on campus laughing just for fun. Social media accounts are always blasting pictures to show PNMs what sisters are up to and some will comment nice things below the pictures, but won't be that nice in person. When I went through recruitment, I was so attached to the sorority who won everything and seemed so bonded with eachother. Not everyone has that perfect sisterhood. Go into the recruitment process with an open mind and really make the most out of each round. Don't let others comments sway you towards or away from a sorority. Remember that a sorority is more than what awards they win, what they say they have to give, and the parties. Being Greek isn't easy. Join the people you feel are home to you, not what sorority you are a legacy of. Remember that your friends don't have to be your sister. Don't chose the house that you like because of what they have, chose the one because like who they are and where you will grow.

Posted By: Dropped Greek life
Post Reply Report

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.