facebook

fraternity comments

by: GR Administrator

University of South Alabama - USA General Fraternity Comments

Posted By: GR Administrator
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Honesty   

There are "black" Fraternities at South? Huh, who knew...

By: Honesty
#2  by: seriously   

South's greek system sucks because 90% of your chapters aren't relevant nationally. The only ones that are good really are KA and Sigma Chi. If you had to go against monster national chapters like SAE, Sigma Nu, ATO, Sig Ep, etc... half your chapters would close. Get it together.

By: seriously
#3  by: @Seriously   

Pike, Pi Kapp, and K Sig are hardly tiny jokes nationally, and all three are generally better than Sig Ep in the South (particularly Pi Kapp and Pike).

By: @Seriously
#4  by: @Seriously   

Your post proves you know nothing about Greeks nationally.

By: @Seriously
#5  by: @seriously   

I agree completely. In fact, the best fraternities here at south are ka and sigma chi which backs up your point. and pi kapp is not huge on a national scale. do some research.

By: @seriously
#6  by: Pi Kapp   

Has more members than KA by quite a bit, and is generally good in the South, the West Coast and the Midwest.

By: Pi Kapp
#7  by: Also   

ΣΑΕ is better than EX and probably KA, I'm not gonna say ΠΚΦ, ΠΚΑ, or ΚΣ are better in the South than those three, but they're all generally pretty solid, and definitely better than ΣΦΕ and comparable to ΑΤΩ or ΣΝ.

By: Also
#8  by: boysboysboys   

pi kapp sucks at south. ka sucks at south. sigma chi and tke are the best two, look at the awards they win. pike sucks. kappa sig is the worst by far.

By: boysboysboys
#9  by: @seriously   

Agreed 100%. Best Southern fraternities: Sigma Nu, KA, SAE, Sigma Chi. Pi Kapp is doomed to be the next TKE due to expanding wayyy too quickly. KSig sucks nationally. Pike is going downhill in the South. Keep in mind that a large number of national chapters doesn't mean a chapter isn't a joke nationally. Ipso facto: Look at TKE.

By: @seriously
#10  by: Pi Kapp    

isn't expanding at the rate that damaged TKE, Pike, Sig Ep, Lambda Chi, or Kappa Sig (in fact they've slowed way down I think). Although I think they should slow down more and focus on their current chapters. They still have a lot of very solid chapters including several great ones at SEC schools and across the South, which is also true of Pike, KSig, and Lambda (Sig Ep has one or two pretty good SEC ones also and quite a few good Southern non-SEC ones), but TKE really doesn't. I don't think it's fair to compare them to TKE, cause TKE's national policy has made a fraternity with an intimidating alumni list into one with very few strong chapters anymore. That said, I think Pi Kapp is less guilty of over-expansion than those other's mentioned.

By: Pi Kapp

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.