facebook

what can i do now to up my chances for rush in spr

by: aDr17

I just got my dorm assignment and roommate and we both want to rush the same sorority. What can we do to make sure we get a bid where we both want in the spring? I heard at other schools when they have fall rush you shouldnt go out because you might see sorority girls out and they will drop you but does that mean we cant go out all semester since we dont rush until spring? basically, where can we go out that we would be caught by the girls in sororities?
also what else can we do to up out chances in rush especially with certain chapters? Thanks!

Posted By: aDr17
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Uhm   

You can't do anything to improve your chances. You aren't supposed to go out, but in the end I feel like you really have no say in anything until preference round and even then girls don't get what they wanted first sometimes. It's more of them choosing you and not you them. Just because you think you want to pledge a particular sorority means nothing in the scope of things. At the end of the day a lot of people end up different places than where they originally wanted. That attitude will only hurt you during rush.

By: Uhm
#2  by: ya   

agreed with above ^ you don't know enough about the sororities here to make that kind of judgement and if you come in close-minded, chances are you're going to be dropped entirely. The girls that do well in recruitment are the ones that are completely open minded and sincerely want to end up in the best fit for them...instead of turning this into a game of politics

By: ya
#3  by: aDr17   

oooook i definitely hear what you are saying and we will def have open minds but isnt the whole point of recruitment to find your favorite chapter anyway? you end up in the end with only 1 we just started shopping early! Like now i'm trying to figure out what clubs certain chapters have lots of members since now i know it is important to get involved my first semester. So why not kill 2 birds with one stone by getting involved and meeting sorority members at the same time! Like i know on some of their websites and facebook pages chapters will mention what groups girls are in, but i really am just genuinely trying to hedge my bets the best way that i can.

By: aDr17
#4  by: soso   

I think I know who this girl is...her and another girl instagramed a pic of them on alpha phi's porch. It was "like joining a sorority already?#imsold." Little weird if you ask me. Hey girl if you want advice here it is, dont be a try-hard. Nobody likes the stalkerish girls who obsess over a chapter to the point of creepiness.

By: soso
#5  by: bleb   

i got yelled at my frosh year for saying i wanted a certain sorority within the first week BY a girl in that sorority. dont think about it too much, itll work out one way or another.

By: bleb
#6  by: H   

Keep an open mind!! If you like one sorority you will probably got in just fine in about 2 or 3 others as well

By: H

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.