facebook

any predictions on phi sigma sigma?

by: cc

Heard that rush this year had more girls than ever which lead to a lot of great girls dropping/being dropped from the sororities of their choice. Hoping that Phi Sig is able to grab some well rounded girls to start off at UD on the right foot. I think that if enough girls rush it, they could get some quality girls to rival Gamma Phi Beta right off the bat due to the huge cuts made in formal recruitment. Phi Sig could be the sorority with girls that look like the girl next door(think GPhiB) but know how to party.

Posted By: cc
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: greek   

i saw a lot of really sweet (not to mention gorgeous) girls get cut from recruitment or drop out when they didn't get back the sororities they wanted. i'm not sure how recruitment usually is, but i felt like it was really brutal this year. i know a lot of those girls are considering phi sigma sigma. phi sigma sigma has the potential to become a really great sorority if the right girls are selected. i'm optimistic that this sorority has a lot of potential.

By: greek
#2  by: chalky   

450 women dropped out of the rush process. if i am not mistaken next to NONE got cut out completely unless they were black listed or single intentionally preferenced a chapter after pref round (aka only ranked one chapter after pref round) and then didnt get a bid from the single preference. phi sig will most likely only take 150 women or possibly even less. when you factor in juniors or other women who didnt even bother signing up for recruitment because they knew they wanted phi sig lets say theres 500 women who will be interviewing for those 150 spots. just to put it in perspective ladies.

By: chalky
by: Actually.Feb 24, 2013 4:37:32 PM

As I mentioned below, according to Megan and Jill there will be approximately 200 spots, and according some calculations I did, there are approximately 350 girls registered so far. which means that just about half are going to be cut.

By: Actually.
#3  by: JrseyGrl   

We are all going for Phi Sigma Sigma--they were on top when they were pushed off campus, now they're back and I want to be a part of it. There are many girls on campus who were here then and are just waiting to wear their letters again. Phi Sig was the best then and in no time at all will be right back on top. Their standards are high and they're going to be choosy, which is why me and my friends are going for it. I love the girls I've met and I can't wait to interview!!

By: JrseyGrl
by: trollFeb 26, 2013 1:16:48 AM

they were kicked off in 2008.....if you are still here...wow.

By: troll
by: reallyFeb 26, 2013 8:42:11 PM

I thought they got kicked off 2007.... And I don't think that'll ensure you get a spot, on fact, I'd think it'd work against you. Clearly you aren't the most motivated, given that you've been on college for at least 5 years,and never moved on. Whether you like it or not, Phi Sig was banned for a reason. I seriously doubt they're looking for the same girls, since they don't want to repeat the past mistakes. Sorry, but I think it's unlikely you'll make it.

By: really
by: wowFeb 27, 2013 5:32:16 PM

Maybe my math's wrong, but how exactly do you spend 7 years in college?

By: wow
#4  by: truth   

I feel like they had lots of gorgeous girls interested, but a lot just got cut. Welcome to the bottom tier Phi Sig!

By: truth
by: phi sigMar 10, 2013 6:52:37 PM

my roommate just got a bid to phi sig and she and a lot of the other girls i know who got bids are actually really cool...good for them!

By: phi sig
#5  by: procrastinating   

I know a bunch of amazing girls who rushed phi sig. I'm not sure why they picked who they did or how they decided but they cut two of my classmates who are the nicest, smartest girls, are very pretty, who you would want to hang around talking with or going out at night. Then I see other girls I know from my major who are cute but kind of weird or not all that nice. It makes me sad seeing my well-rounded friends get booted while all these lame girls are invited to join. Or maybe that's just Greek life in general. But it's especially annoying seeing all these girls who were not interested in Greek life and never rushed and talked badly about sorority girls, but now they're in one, they can't stop saying how much they just looove their phi sigs!!

By: procrastinating
#6  by: gina   

still think phi sig is going to be bottom tier? the turnout was great.. all the girls are gorgeous. they can easily be middle upper tier just by looks

By: gina
by: ^^THISMar 11, 2013 11:46:22 AM

^^^ This. Look do all yourselves a favor now, get off this site and dont embarrass yourselves. I know most of you are probably freshmen and sophs so your maturity level isnt that great yet and you have no older sisters to lead you by example but let me just tell you, posting on here or any other anonymous site singing your own praises will only lead to trouble.

By: ^^THIS
#7  by: hey   

i think phi sig is actually pretty hot from the few girls ive seen

By: hey
#8  by: HAHA   

Ok - phi sigs, get off this site. Yeah, you guys got a handful of hot girls, but you still have to work your way up the ladder. Right now your on ADPIs level....lets not get too full of yourself.

By: HAHA
#9  by: okayyy   

just like any new sorority, phi sig got some hot chicks, some meh, and some uggos. instead of focusing on hot or not, maybe you should focus on building a sisterhood. a sorority isn't a club for pretty girls, it's about creating a bond with your sisters.

By: okayyy
by: MaggieMar 14, 2013 11:11:15 AM

amen sistah. but remember, these girls are PROBABLY girls that dropped out of recruitment because they got dropped from all the "top tiers" so you can imagine how superficial they are.

By: Maggie
#10  by: Brooke   

Phi sig was a top sorority when they got kicked off. Beautiful, smart girls, so glad they're back!

By: Brooke
by: ...Mar 29, 2014 3:40:01 PM

....no sweetheart nooo

By: ...
by: haMar 29, 2014 8:00:04 PM

You realize that was in 2007 right?

By: ha
by: LolMar 30, 2014 9:45:19 AM

Lol

By: Lol
by: wutMar 31, 2014 10:15:40 PM

lol not the same ladies honey

By: wut

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.