facebook

how important is gpa

by: Emma

How important is GPA for rushing. I am above the requirement however, just barely. I have a 2.59. I made my high school's honor role every year, for honors and AP classes, I just had a rough first semester. I was also very involved in several clubs- being a chair for one and the president of another, organized and ran huge fundraisers, and was in a large variety of clubs for many years. I hate to sound egotistical, but I am also quite pretty, formerly a model, and I know that looks play a part in rushing. I was wondering what my chances were at successfully making it in despite my low gpa. Thanks!

Posted By: Emma
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: GPA    

It depends on the sorority. Some like ADPi or AZD will probably drop you. If you're dropped for GPA at all it will be done in the first round. Many sororities have their own requirements for gpa that is above the panhel requirement. Anyone you still have after that will more than likely not care about your GPA. Don't worry though there are still good sororities who really could care less

By: GPA
#2  by: qmqh   

GPA is usually a hard cut. like since you have a 2.59 and if a chapter's requirement is a 2.6, they will still cut you. they can't round up no matter how much they like you otherwise. Still go for it though. you will never know until you try!

By: qmqh
by: EmmaFeb 5, 2013 1:29:30 AM

Do they give each sorority's minimum GPA at any given point? Or is it all just a guessing game. I would love to have some idea which sororities I have a chance at getting into. I would hate to choice sororities and then get dropped due to my GPA.

By: Emma
#3  by: Yahr   

They did in the pamphlets they give out at recruitment orientation when i went through. if they didn't this year you might be able to find them online at UD's greek life website? You'll find out soon enough since recruitment starts this weekend. Theres no use in knowing now since you cant change your GPA and chapters all have copies of your official GPA already.

By: Yahr

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.