facebook

recruitment questions

by: vu

I would consider myself pretty average. I get good grades and i’m fairly social, but i’m definitely not special. I am really excited for rush but don’t know many girls and would love to hear more transparency about the process and what i should expect from houses.
after ppd i really like kd, theta, zeta, and chi o—do i have a chance at any of these? how many houses do people usually go back to round 2?
any insights would really make me feel more confident:) thanks!!!!

Posted By: vu
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Yes to all this    

Yes I feel this too!!! I’m super excited for rush but also worried I won’t find a place, which must feel so awful and disappointing. Or what if you don’t get asked back anywhere?!? Or you end up in a pledge class that’s clique-y with none of your friends?

I also had some specific questions about every night and the clothes expected for each. I’m going to be figuring that out over the break, but I wondered if anybody could provide a breakdown of what to wear every day. And do the clothes matter as much here as at other places? Can I wear the same shoes to every day? I’m stressing.

By: Yes to all this
by: sophomoreDec 11, 2023 10:33:20 AM

Hi!! I'm so excited for you both to join a chapter! Rush last year was honestly pretty stressful for me, simply because I had no idea what to expect. First, I'd say that it is totally okay to wear the same shoes everyday if you feel confident and comfortable in them (lots of time on your feet). Weekend one is a vandy top both days and bottoms of your choice, most girls wear jeans. Sisterhood and pref are a little dressier but lots of freedom--dresses, skirts, sweaters, etc... For display I wore blue jeans and a Vandy top with White Air Forces, for Philanthropy we wear the "Vanderbilt Class of ___" shirt they gave you in August and I wore blue jeans and Vayhas. Sisterhood I wore a casual dress with little boots and pref I wore a bit fancier of a dress with little boots.
Anyways, the process is different for everyone but something I wish I had known going in is it is fairly common to get cut a lot of places first round and its not personal, you probably just didn't know enough girls well enough. Of course, lots of people probably go back to six or seven, but almost everyone in my friend group last year went to about four houses second stage and they are all incredibly happy with where they ended up!! Something I like to remember is you only talk to, max, about 10 girls during recruitment out of around 100 in the chapter. You can definitely find your people no matter where you end up so keep an open mind, I actually hated the house I'm in during PPD and then fell in love with it philanthropy round! So excited for you both!!!

By: sophomore
#2  by: Anon   

Kappa and Theta have basically already filled their bid list due to previous relationships, home towns, reputations, family connections. They may have to fight each other for a few of the top girls.
But plan on getting dropped by them round 1.

By: Anon
by: ScaredNGLDec 13, 2023 4:34:40 PM

Thank you for being honest about this. Do you have any information on how the numbers work round to round? Like how many are asked back/cut each round? I’m not specifically talking about Kappa and Theta but what if you don’t really make any connections in that first round just by luck. And you don’t go in knowing anybody. You just end up getting dropped? And are they looking at our socials?

By: ScaredNGL
by: XDec 30, 2023 11:16:19 PM

This isn’t true. Yes, some sororities have an idea of people they would like to join based off of previous connections/meeting people during the fall semester. Still every year there are girls you meet during rush, that you didn’t know before, that you end up loving. Likewise, people you think are shoe ins to certain places don’t end up there. There are no guaranteees, just be yourself and be friendly.

By: X
by: LolJan 1, 2024 11:03:22 AM

Each house asks back different amounts of people to each day but the biggest cuts are between philanthropy and sisterhood and sisterhood and pref

By: Lol
#3  by: Interested bystander   

So how has it been going?

By: Interested bystander

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.