facebook

How much partying

by: SarahSmiles

I'm planning on rushing but I'm already drowning in work not even a week in. Does Greek life mean partying every night, or do people primarily stick to weekends? Are there certain sororities where the expectation is higher to party throughout the week? Will it hurt my chances of making it into a good sorority if I limit social stuff to the weekends?

Posted By: SarahSmiles
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: hi   

not partying doesn’t matter at all — might help in some houses. Every house has girls that don’t party (except KD) and every house has some that do (except AXO). You can meet girls in your classes or other orgs you want to be involved in!!

Not being involved actually hurts more than not partying. Houses give “points” in rush and campus involvement / community service are low key requirements if you want a rush with lots of options if you don’t know any active members in the houses. And you don’t have to be involved in EVERYTHING or do com serve alllll the time — just find something you like and that you can talk about in rush that shows leadership potential and stuff like that!!

But if you feel like you don’t have time to get involved on campus this first semester or don’t know where to start — that is okay too :) you can talk about how you’d want to get involved during rush and maybe you’ll hear about some awesome orgs

By: hi
#2  by: hi pt 2   

also word to the wise — focusing on getting into a “good sorority” is a sure fire way to make sure you’ll get cut from the “top” two. Aaaaaand you’ll get cut from all the others because no one wants to take a girl who was rude in other houses or clearly in it for the wrong reasons. It happens every year. If you’re not a freshman I’m sure you can think of 2-3 girls who had a disappointing rush because their were rumors she only wanted theta and kappa

By: hi pt 2
#3  by: SarahSmiles   

I think this is the most genuinely helpful response. I’ve ever seen on here, so thank you very much!!!

And call me crazy but I don’t actually want one of the “top two.” They look like way too much of a scene for me. I don’t want to spend my whole time worrying if I’m keeping up I just want to have fun.

By: SarahSmiles

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.