facebook

Vandy rush is competitive

by: 123

Hot take maybe but rush at vandy is actually very competitive. You have 300-400 girls all vying for a spot in 1 of 2/3 houses (kkg, kat, then tridelt) and if they don’t get one of them they go kd or piphi or drop. About 400 girls rushed last year and just under half dropped

Posted By: 123
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: eek   

actually very true and it gets harder for everyone when girls drop especially in mass numbers. When 400 girls rush, there are 44(ish) new member spots in each house. But when 200 of those drop, there are now only 22 spots in each house.

I always suggest seeing it through! You can go to bid day for the house that gives you a bid just to feel it out and see if you like it and if it turns out it’s not your perfect fit, you can still drop before initiation and rush again next year or do COB!! It’s better for everyone and if you keep an open heart you could find you’re home!!

By: eek
#2  by: Ugh   

Why even rush at vandy? Such a liberal school I’m surprised there even is Greek life. Vanderbilt medical is so into profiting off of trans gender surgery for kids I would think all the houses are made to take men.

By: Ugh
by: rightAug 30, 2023 3:42:46 PM

you’re clearly some middle aged troll without half the brain to even apply to vandy. get off greekrank and go touch some grass

By: right
#3  by: Lol   

nobody “wants” tridelt to be clear it’s more like a safety net so you don’t feel like a complete loser. I used to have nightmares that I’d have either KAT or KKG on pref and also tridelt and then I pick kat/kkg but end up in tridelt on bid day.

In real life I had DDD and KD on pref, preffed KD, got KD and couldn’t be happier ❤️❤️ ranks don’t matter finding your people matters. Tridelt is for girls who are obsessed with ranks but bad at rush

By: Lol
by: ?Aug 29, 2023 12:28:30 PM

I know plenty of girls who went into rush wanting tridelt, and just as many who went tridelt and absolutely love it. Kd girls seem to consistently have one sided beef with DDD.

By: ?
by: weirdo alarm Sep 4, 2023 5:26:43 PM

while you certainly are a weirdo telling everyone what houses you wanted, didn’t get, then preffed, “tridelt is for girls who are obsessed with ranks but bad at rush” is so true and golden.

Who remembers when The Hustler posted posters around commons saying “So you didn’t get Theta or Kappa. We could be your new home”

By: weirdo alarm

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.