facebook

Sorority Legacy

by: Aspirant

How much does legacy matter, if at all? My aunt is a legacy at one of the top two houses, but from a pretty small school in the Midwest where it's just not the same thing. Will it make any difference?

Posted By: Aspirant
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Nope    

Won’t make a difference at all. If you don’t already know someone in a top house who is talking you up, you’re already out. By R2 you’ll be lucky to have 4 houses left. It’s brutal.

By: Nope
#2  by: lol   

sorryyyy but legacy from your mom/sister mean little to nothing. Legacy from your aunt means absolutely zero because there aren’t even points anymore for legacy — it’s more like an unofficial boost if your mom/sister are in XYZ house that you’re rushing because the active members assume that you might be more interested in that house bc of family ties OR that you might be more familiar with and excited about house traditions/values.

Your aunt being an XYZ at a certain house won’t really hold any water BUT if you want it to you can bring it up during a round of rush like “oh my aunt was an XYZ and she has told me so much about y’all’s philanthropy ____ and it is an org I am passionate about for sure” or like “my aunt was an XYZ in college and I’ve all ways loved her life king sisterhood with her PC and I am looking for something similar with my sorority experience”. You can weave it in for your advantage but points wise legacy doesn’t mean anything so all PNMs can have an equal start

By: lol

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.