facebook

i might want to drop.. also future of vu? unsure

by: conflicted

this is for @ladies.
not sure how to go about this but has anyone ever felt like this? i don't want to feel like i'm alone in this feeling. i joined a sorority freshman spring, and am an incoming junior. i have had a good time thus far, had fun events and made some friends. but sometimes i feel like i don't mesh with the concept or the energy of it all.

i am not sure if this has to do with how we did rush this year, how it felt a little superficial to me, or if it was me being on the other side of it that made me feel strange...

i am also not sure if it's my specific sorority, i love the girls, don't get me wrong but maybe i didn't get the right fit.

i know incoming freshmen who want to be in my specific sorority (and also those who want to join greek life in general) and they have reached out to ask me questions and honestly, although i can come up with positive things to say, i realize it doesn't feel all that authentic to me.

is this just quarantine blues? i am also scared to bring this up to anyone actually in my sorority. i will probably wait until the fall to make a firm decision but has anyone ever felt like this? and i also feel like greek life at vandy as a whole is dying down. maybe this is too existential for this forum haha.

any helpful comments appreciated.

Posted By: conflicted
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: yes   

Just yes. Wish I knew who you were so we could talk

By: yes
#2  by: Definitely drop   

Sorority dues are expensive. If you’re not enjoying yourself, then drop for sure. No one wants a girl in their house that isn’t happy to be there.

By: Definitely drop

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.