facebook

advice to pnms?

by: pnm

I'm a non-white, broke girl and don't know anyone in the chapters. Any advice for me to get into upper tiers?

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: wokeboi   

it's 2020, tier system is so last decade. When you find a group of strong, independent women you like, tier doesn't matter any more.

By: wokeboi
#2  by: truth   

A lot of people don't like to hear this, but the truth is that you're pretty much screwed. It's hard enough as it is to get into the "better" sororities if you're not rich, but in my experience the girls can be pretty condescending to minorities. Focus on finding a place that actually appreciates you for who you are.

By: truth
#3  by: honestly   

i can’t imagine a girl in my sorority caring whether a girl is rich or a minority??? if i have a good conversation then of course i would want that girl to come back. try to be yourself, be memorable, & be fun - don’t worry about tiers & it’ll work out

By: honestly
#4  by: sorority girl   

I know the hypothetical money aspect of rush can seem stressful, but trust me, no one is memorizing what brands you wear and choosing girls based on that. We speak to like 50 people a day, it would be insane to remember what everyone wears (even if we did care, which most people don’t.) Also girls in sororities are actually encouraged NOT to wear flashy brands or to bring up questions that may bring up money (ie. Where did you go for vacation? I went to the Bahamas.) We care way more about having an interesting conversation with you and vibing with you as a person, not how much money you have so don’t stress about that.

By: sorority girl
#5  by: facts   

most sororitys won’t even notice its only mostly previous connections that make a difference! But most girls find girls they vibe w during rush anyways

By: facts

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.