facebook

post ppd sorority impressions

by: upperclassmen

As a sophomore going through rush, I feel like I can be more objective about rush since I have friends who have gone through rush already. I thought I'd share my impressions in hopes that it'll help to show that rankings should be only a small piece in finding your house!

ADPi: Very sweet, on the quieter side. No one ‘type’ in the sorority, each very unique. Not the traditional ‘sorority girl’ you would think of

AOPi: Quieter girls who are sweet, quite a bit of engineers and pre meds. Pledge classes seemed to be very small but tightly knit.

AXO: Again, not the traditional ‘sorority girl’ you would think of. Very nice people who would prefer a girls wine night than a night on broadway. Bunch of engineers and premeds here as well.

ChiO: Some religious girls mixed with non religious ones. Seems like there’s a variety of people who are both outgoing and quieter. Definitely puts emphasis on recruiting good fits.

Kappa: Very high energy house, all the girls seemed very excited to have us there. Lots of northeasterners and all of them seemed to be super outgoing and extroverted, which made for an easy to talk to round.

KD: Super fun, loud, very high energy house. Even though it was late in the rounds they were very talkative and enthusiastic. Good mixed bag of outgoing girls with more stay-in types, bunch of unique personalities and doesn’t have a certain type.

Pi Phi: Very unique vibe, lots of girls with a certain unique vibe about them. The girls are involved in a lot of different stuff on campus, and seemed to come from diverse majors & backgrounds.

Theta: High energy, knew how to keep a conversation going. Very extroverted and super social. Puts a lot of emphasis in recruiting girls that would fit in well into their house.

Tridelt: Super sweet girls. Lots of southern girls, seemed to have an overarching image. Very easy to talk to all the girls even though they didn’t seem (to me) the most diverse. Seems to put a lot of effort into a strong recruitment.

Zeta: Down to earth girls who were easy to talk to. Seems like there’s a variety of girls, does not attract a certain ‘type.’ Girls seemed to have good sisterhood.

Posted By: upperclassmen
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ppd   

I love this, cn we return to women supporting other women

By: ppd
#2  by: Kayt   

theres a house for everyone dont get hung up on rankings

By: Kayt
#3  by: new here    

I have only ever lurked on this website but I saw this wholesome post and I wanted to share my wholesome PPD experience as a sophomore. I am admittedly a very awkward, nerdy person who has never in my life been called “popular” or anything close. During PPD I was terrified to go to the “popular” houses because I know I don’t want to end up in one of those and I thought everyone would be rude to me. Turns out, theta was incredible! Theta was the only “popular” house that treated me like a normal girl going through rush who was just as valuable as any other girl. While I still know that I don’t want to end up taking the top house route, I definitely was pleasantly surprised by PPD.

By: new here
by: old hereNov 14, 2019 9:32:16 AM

even though I knew a few bad seeds in theta who ruined their image in my head long before ppd as a sophomore, I did really appreciate their ability to at least pretend they were excited to meet and talk to me. you’ll end up in whichever house is the best fit for you, just don’t let any stereotypes or one girl you don’t like ruin a house for you. I decided to cut theta first round last year (they also may have cut me, I’ll never know), but now I’m great friends with some amazing thetas who make me wish I would’ve given them more of a chance. keep an open mind, always

By: old here
by: no Nov 17, 2019 10:45:44 PM

@lol there is a food committee that you can sign up for just like in literally every house

By: no
by: UhNov 18, 2019 8:49:57 PM

lol other houses dont have that

By: Uh
#4  by: TN   

BUMP!!

By: TN
#5  by: Vgl   

this this this!!!

By: Vgl

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.