facebook

letters of recommendation

by: Pnm

Hi!! So I’m an incoming freshman girl from Alabama and everyone from my hometown is already freaked out about rushing and I’m getting mixed reviews about letters of recommendation. I know we rush second semester but my mom thinks I should send in my sorority packet now but I feel like that might be aggressive. Thoughts?

Posted By: Pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: sorority   

People like to say recs don’t matter at Vandy but honestly they do. If we have a rec letter, we’ve at least heard your name and have someone vouching for you, which is an automatic leg up on someone who we’ve never met, seen, heard of, etc. Don’t panic about getting them in crazy early bc we rush in the spring so you have time! But I would def try to get one for as many houses as possible. The only girl on my hall freshman year that got invited back to the max number of houses every night (mostly her top choices too) had recs for every house, regardless of tier bc it’s a myth that lower tier houses don’t make cuts.

By: sorority
#2  by: V   

Great to have Recs/letters in to the chapters over the summer! Fall is still OK too but nice to get that done before school starts in August. And yes, get recs for every house.

By: V
#3  by: DontFreak   

They don't matter like they do at other southern schools so really don't stress over them. They help us get familiar with people though which can be helpful during recruitment if a sister recognizes your name, so if you have the opportunity, send one in. (doesn't need to be until like October though)

By: DontFreak

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.