facebook

fall rush

by: Frats

I will be a Sophomore and was planning to pledge a frat in the fall. I now have a conduct probation for smoking weed in my dorm and told by the IFC that I cant rush. A few of the guys told me to be transparent with the rush chair and can hopefully be offered an underground bid. I have a lot of recommendations from the guys in the fraternity but wondering if this is very common and the best way to go about it.

Posted By: Frats
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Yes   

Depends on the chapter, but if you already know which frat and have a lot of friends in it, you should still be able to go to the events early on, and if they like you enough to give you a bid they'll probably still have you "pledge" and get "initiated" but you'll have to do all the official IFC pledging/greek life requirements in the Spring to be a recognized brother.

The main reason why the frat wouldn't do this is risk if IFC finds out bc they've been super strict on everything recently so they might just tell you to wait and join in the Spring, which is very common for a sophomore anyway.

By: Yes
by: FratsMay 16, 2019 7:08:53 PM

I am on deferred suspension for the entire year. I can't rush as a Junior, its too late

By: Frats
by: YesMay 18, 2019 12:08:45 AM

Then you'll probably have to do underground or join an off campus frat. Being a "real" brother doesn't even matter, you can still pledge and everything and can officially join if you want Junior year if you do all the service requirements and stuff

By: Yes
#2  by: KT   

some frats might let you underground but u could rush off campus route

By: KT

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.