facebook

question

by: Ny pnm

Im an incoming freshman and I don’t really know anyone at Vandy. Do I have to know girls in the sororities to get in? And if you do, how can I meet some during first semester?

Posted By: Ny pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: go dores amirite   

I would say that not knowing anyone whatsoever going into rush is a problem, so definitely try to meet people first semester. You don’t need to necessarily become best friends though, it just helps to have your name out there so that someone can say “Oh I met her at a tailgate and she was super sweet,” or “I had a class with her and I really liked her.”

That being said, knowing people doesn’t mean you are a shoo in either. You could be best friends with 5 girls in a sorority and still be cut—it’s happened plenty of times.

There’s no point in worrying about it now, just make an effort to meet sophomores your first semester and be friendly to EVERYONE. Girls have friends in all different sororities and being standoffish/acting better than a girl will get back to their friends— it doesn’t matter a sorority’s “tier” no one wants that girl who thinks she is entitled to being in a certain sorority. Also, you should just not do this anyways because you are a nice person and everyone deserves respect :)

By: go dores amirite

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.