facebook

trying to understand sororitys

by: New student

Hi so im coming to vandy in the fall and just wanted opinions on sororitys. I know everyone is going to tell me to look everywhere, but right now i think ill probably go kappa/theta/tri delt/pi phi/kd just based on people i already know there and the fact that i like to go out a lot.

It seems like the consensus on most recent posts is that its
Kappa/theta
Tri delt/pi phi
Kd
But it also seems like kappa gets more hate than anyone else? Vs everyone seems to like pi phi a lot. So why is it considered “better”? Honestly confused lol

Posted By: New student
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: V   

This is not really true. Kappa doesn’t get the most hate and Pi Phi doesn’t get the most love. Kappa had a tough year after a few good years. Theta had a good year after a few rough years. Tri Delt and Pi Phi started looking a lot like each other. Kappa and Pi Phi known more for partying. Kappa, Theta and Tri Delt sororityty, Pi Phi fratty. All four cross rush a little. KD actually gets most hate because they get a lot of girls as a second choice to one of the other four but they are actually a great sorority. All five more alike than not. Your friends in fall will probably end up in a variety of houses and you’ll still be friends. That’s why people say stay open minded. Sorority letters are just letters. Don’t take it too seriously.

By: V
#2  by: lol   

Kappa didn't get much hate until a leaked text was shared throughout the entire Vandy community. The text was so incredibly ludicrous and laughable that it instantly became a meme in the community, which humiliated the Kappas. Many Kappas I know stopped wearing their letters out of embarrassment. Sooo yeah that's why it seems like they get a lot of hate. Hopefully people will eventually start to look past it.

By: lol
by: GggggMay 19, 2018 7:52:04 PM

people don’t look past it because it embodies what a lot of kappas are actually like. Entitled little brats

By: Ggggg
by: TrueMay 20, 2018 9:58:22 PM

^ you’re not wrong lol

By: True
#3  by: i know   

everyone is gonna tell you to be open minded, but take a look at axo and zeta if you like going out a lot - those girls do too. it also depends on what frats youre interested in mixing with. chi o goes out just as much as tri delt, but they mix with different frats. same with zeta and axo.

By: i know
#4  by:    

people tell you to look everywhere because you should. if you go into rush without being open minded, you’re setting yourself up for disappointment.

By: —

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.