facebook

how hard for transfer to get bid

by: Transfer

Hey, I am a transfer student who just got accepted to Vanderbilt. I was wondering if it would be hard to transfer to Vanderbilt and join a fraternity. I am not from the south, and only know a couple kids at Vanderbilt from my high school. I want to be involved in greek life, how hard would it be to get a bid. Thanks.

Posted By: Transfer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: atfd   

My boyfriend was in the exact same position as you a couple of years ago and ended up having multiple bids to choose from. You have nothing to worry about.

By: atfd
by: transferApr 11, 2018 8:52:59 PM

awesome, thanks so much for your help

By: transfer
#2  by: VU   

I just transferred this past year, and I got multiple bids. It may be harder to get one than it would be for first-year students, but you aren't at a particular disadvantage relative to sophomores who are rushing. If you're transferring as a junior, however, it may be more difficult.

By: VU
by: transferApr 11, 2018 8:53:29 PM

awesome, thanks so much

By: transfer
#3  by: k   

not hard if you just go to events and make an effort to get to know people. also good to not focus on one house and keep your options open

By: k
#4  by: Transfer rush   

I was a transfer rush this year and noticed that it was difficult to rush top tier (sae, aepi), and they both ended up only giving a small handful of sophomore bids. Other fraternities like kappa sig, KA, sig chi, are much easier to rush as a sophomore.

By: Transfer rush

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.