facebook

greek life

by: why

Why is vandy's greek life falling in quality compared to state schools like bama or ole miss.

Posted By: why
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Uh   

Probably because everyone there is technically retarded

By: Uh
by: uhmMar 27, 2018 8:27:52 PM

Thats not a good reason

By: uhm
#2  by: vandy   

Idk man, you should go to bama and let us know

By: vandy
#3  by: idk   

I wish it wasnt... but im not sure its permanent. I feel like we kinda need a cleansing of the greek system here. I hope the new fraternities like LCA, DKE, (Beta?) can bring a much needed fresh start to vandy greek life

By: idk
#4  by: Well   

A lot of the problems with the quality of Greek Life come from the administration of the school. With a smaller school, OGL has more ability to dictate/regulate what greek organizations do, and they use that power very often. The rules placed on greek life and the enforcement of those rules are much harsher than those at state schools. Fraternities/sororities have much less freedom in how they want to go about their business. Also, as Vandy becomes a more prestigious institution with more academically accomplished students each year, less and less freshman are deciding to enter Greek life, and that's just the direction of the student body. The fraternity rush numbers are decreasing, and that trend will probably continue in coming years. It's not hard to understand why Greek life here can't really compare to that of a state school.

By: Well
by: ties that bindApr 8, 2018 6:29:21 PM

Students with a strong greek tradition in their family tend to join despite the admins and regulations. And it's true that academically-minded collegians will attend VU for grades, not a greek badge.

By: ties that bind
#5  by: blah   

the administration pretty much just wants you to hang out in your dorm with a bunch of random people in your own grade and want fraternities to be community service orgs. you get in trouble for doing nothing bad and the rules are actually just flat out dumb and dont help anybody

By: blah

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.