facebook

drop/rerush

by: pnm

Does it negatively impact you to drop a sorority before initiation and rerush next year? If all your friends (10+) are in a sorority you want and would advocate for you heavily is there a good chance you could get it next year even after getting dropped after pref this year

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: senior   

sometimes your friends in a house can really help you get in there but there is NO guarantee. people can be best friends with huge amounts of girls from a chapter and not get in, someone can be a legacy and have tons of friends in the chapter and good grades and even physically fit the mold of girls in that chapter and still not get in, etc. etc. it depends on the house and who's actually making the decisions there and then just a lot of luck.

you can rerush if you want but you have to remember there are never any guarantees. I've seen so many of my friends drop a house because they thought they deserved a "better" one and then they had the exact same options when they rushed the next year.

By: senior
#2  by: soph   

each house has different ways that they do their rankings and it also varies per round. sometimes only the girls you talk to in that round are allowed to vote for you whereas in others there may be an entire house discussion and vote. so realistically you could have all these friends in the house and you could not mesh well with the girls you talk to and be voted low and cut first round. that being said, they can present on you pre-recruitment and advocate for you then, just so your name is known throughout the house but that is no guarantee if other girls who vote feel like you wouldn't fit in for whatever reason.

By: soph
#3  by: Junior   

What sorority are you trying to rerush? Might give us more insight on your chances

By: Junior
#4  by: yes   

There's a good chance you can get in next year. I know a girl that had that happen to her last year and she is in it now.

By: yes
#5  by: requested   

Dropping a sorority before initiation means you accepted a bid and pledged your conviction, loyalty and fidelity to one specific sorority. IDK if dropping-out will have an impact on your recruitment chances with any of our sorority groups next year, but are you asking because you can't possibly live with yourself for breaking an important oath and allegiance to one sorority for the not-so-certain chance to initiate into a different sorority? Because IMHO your group of 10+ women friends unaffiliated with your current sorority can still be your friends even if they do not wear the same greek letters as you. Or have they told you differently? And if they have told you they must drop you as a friend due to the letters that you wear, what is in it for you to remain their friend and hope against hope they finally bid you into their (alleged) sisterhood?

By: requested
#6  by: lol   

All I'm saying is I've had friends who were CLOSE friends with a sorority president in one house and 10+ friends in another house and got cut from both early on. so just remember there are NO promises.

By: lol

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.