facebook

lots of girls dropping?

by: pnm

i heard a lot of people were dropping rush today and i have a few friends who did earlier this week but like did something happen? im really confused why people wouldnt stick it out

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: pnm    

I think a lot of the cuts were more drastic than girls were expecting, like today a lot of my friends got cut from houses that were their safeties even

By: pnm
by: whatFeb 1, 2018 3:17:12 PM

lmao "safeties" who do freshmen think they are... every single house makes cuts, no one's guaranteed anything

By: what
#2  by: upperclassman   

From experience, I learned that it was a lot more painful and hurtful to see the process through when I knew that the connections were not there with the house involved. Not only did I give them false hope and possibly keep someone else from the spot, but they instantly took pledge class photos, which became very awkward when I was no longer a pledge. It was horrible 2 or 3 weeks after bid day to lug all the nice shirts, stuffed animals, and knick knacks across campus to return to my big sis who then was without a little sis. To do it again, I should have pulled out before bid day when I knew for sure instead of trying to convince myself it would work.

By: upperclassman
by: butFeb 1, 2018 3:33:44 PM

to be fair, zeta gives bigs/littles REALLY early
like weeks earlier than other houses
you would essentially have to drop immediately to not get a big in zeta

By: but
by: WellFeb 1, 2018 4:12:52 PM

This year yes, but not in past years.

By: Well
#3  by: HITW   

NO INVITATION TO A SORORITY IS EVER GUARANTEED. PERIOD. That important phrase ought to be emblazoned upon sorority shirts worn by all initiates at each and every sorority party on campus.

The true stigma of recruitment occurs when pnms lack open-mindedness regarding which home they want to join, then whine complain about the recruitment system and how it failed them in their quest for perfection and status.

Life isn't going to get any easier for pnms based on which home they join. Life is tough for everyone, everywhere.

You won't be treated any better down at the coffee shop because you are a Theta rather than a Kappa. Men won't scuttle across the street if they are walking toward you when you are a Tri Delt instead of an ADPi.

Life is a game between your ears. Learn to live happy.

By: HITW
#4  by: Gpafrat   

Where does Greek life fit into today’s social engineering? It’s’s not meant as a criticism, but Greeks perpetuate a hierarchy of social status, which runs counter to the “diversity” goals that are foisted on us by government and college administrators. Will it someday soon be a mark against us to have been in a frat?

By: Gpafrat
by: seniorFeb 4, 2018 10:39:11 PM

Like anything, it's a mark for or against you depending on who you're talking to. Going to Vanderbilt works the same way, many think of it as a good thing and maybe are alumni so will look extra favorably on you, and some people will look down on you for going or dislike you for going here, but that's just the price you pay for living in our society. Nothing you do will please everyone.

By: senior
by: S.E.Feb 8, 2018 7:35:08 PM

Truly, not all greek social groups perpetuate a hierarchy of social status. Yet don't kid yourself that belonging to one doesn't bring to some uninitiated minds the appearance of your being a social climber by joining.

By: S.E.
#5  by: Yes...   

Would you put in on your resume?

By: Yes...
by: unlikelyMar 8, 2018 4:49:37 PM

No, but I wouldn't deny my association if the topic came up in the course of normal conversation.

By: unlikely
by: why notMar 8, 2018 10:20:09 PM

If I had a leadership/exec position, I absolutely would

By: why not

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.