facebook

take these with a grain of salt

by: PSA

As a senior guy from an established fraternity(3rd time ever visiting this lameass sight) I want to clarify that most of what you see here are posts almost exclusively from sorority girls, freshman, and dudes of "lesser tier" fraternities "chi phi, lambda, kdr" and the inevitable self-rankers (phi psi, maybe a little SPE). Not trying to disrespect anyone, just figured people coming to this sight should realize there is a LOT of inaccuracy and bias on here. At the end of the day, I think the only valuable advice anyone can give you is this:
1. Dont listen to this site, cuz every fraternity (from SAE all the way to KDR) and sorority (Pi Phi to Theta) is pretty well misrepresented by people trying to down the competition and up themselves.
2. If you are trying to use this to decide where to rush, then you probably shouldnt rush because you are clearly doing it for all the wrong reasons.
3. Just go into rush, probably with a group of friends, and meet people. Decide for yourself. Make up your own mind. Everyone likes and dislikes every greek organization for their own reason. That's why there will never be a true "top house" at Bucknell.

Posted By: PSA
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ha   

Sick TKE!

By: ha
by: there we goJul 2, 2014 8:42:22 AM

point absolutely proven ^

By: there we go
#2  by: Sherlock   

Well you put down 5 of 7 of Bucknell's fraternities, so not only is it quite easy to narrow this post down to a butthurt TKE, but it's also just plain hypocritical.

By: Sherlock
by: uhJul 3, 2014 4:38:30 PM

seven?

By: uh
by: Still ButthurtJul 6, 2014 4:45:36 AM

Sorry, nine? Your percentage still isn't looking good. Neither is your assertion that you don't frequent this "lameass site", given that you've been routinely commenting back on this page.

By: Still Butthurt
by: PSAJul 29, 2014 12:50:29 PM

Lol Im the OP and its my first time coming back. Your responses kinda prove my point. I wasn't putting any of them down, I was merely being realistic. Was anything I said particularly untrue? And, since you're obviously not a math wizard, let me point out that I didn't mention TKE, Kappa Sig, Fiji, SAE, or Sig Chi in a negative light at all (I'm in none of them and since this is anonymous I can admit that I don't particularly like my fraternity). You are just affirming my point about the biases and bashing that occurs on this site and how it is subsequently mostly useless. Hope this doesn't embarrass you too much...

By: PSA
by: Boom!Jul 29, 2014 7:36:09 PM

Roasted.

By: Boom!
#3  by: alright   

Both of you need to shut up. Poster, you're absolutely right in the premise of your argument, but you are being a hypocrite by calling out fraternities and it make it hard to stand by your argument because of that. Other guy, immediately calling out someone on their frat as if it were an insult proves his point and is exactly what's wrong with this site, and the greek system in general.

Greekrank is a lot more useful at schools where you rush first semester freshman year. At schools like Bucknell, you have a year to actually meet people in the frats so you actually know where you feel like you belong, so looking at this site is pointless. There's going to be awesome people as well as self rankers wherever you go. Being in the "top 3" doesn't make you a better person, and vice versa for "lower tiers."

By: alright
#4  by: Wait   

If you're not in a top tier, are you even frat?

By: Wait
#5  by: '   

Tiers are for queers

By: '
#6  by: sorority   

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty excited for rush. Too bad I'll be burnt out and hate everyone by the end of the third day. Still get ready!

My advice for the ladies is to keep your energy up! Not too much, but enthusiasm makes you more engaging to talk to and more memorable. It is also important to be genuine, BS is picked up a mile away.

My advice from what I heard from guys, talk to as many brothers as possible if you are interested. If you know one brother really well, it could backfire as he has to vouch for you with nothing to back it up. One guy told me to at least spend one day on your own or with just one other close friend before dinner bids. Sometimes bigger friend groups pull you away from the right fit.

Advice for everyone: suiciding a fraternity or sorority is when most people get real hurt by the rush process, keep at least one back up option open and you will be in a much better position!

By: sorority
by: Can I be you ^Aug 5, 2014 7:31:59 AM

Damn dude you're tight. I wish I was man enough to have suicided. Hardo

By: Can I be you ^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.