facebook

whyyy

by: sdhajs

do sororities have a problem w sophomore gdis going to mixers? i heard some upperclassmen are not allowing it rn

Posted By: sdhajs
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Cause   

Usually they like to wait until the pledge class gets inducted into sororities. They are still getting to know eachother as well. You will always have some that are bothered but most upper classman will soon be hitting the bars anyway.

By: Cause
#2  by: bc   

^they're trying to get to know their sisters before initiation but also it's just a rule that mixers aren't open outside of the sorority/frat until after 11:30pm

By: bc
#3  by: please   

The fact that girls who are not in the Sorority mixing are coming is not cool at all. Your not in the sorority ladies...either get a bid or wait till 11:30. People may smile and make nice but your not wanted there. We all know the girls I speak of. Get over yourselves and don't try to blend in.

By: please
by: hell yeaOct 29, 2018 6:35:37 AM

^^^^^ truth

By: hell yea
by: HiiiOct 30, 2018 12:38:00 AM

People might not see eye to eye. Just answering a question. You don’t look right getting mean on either side.

By: Hiii
#4  by: Please   

Then why pledge and why do the sororities give bids. They make it “exclusive” until someone who isn’t their style comes along. You may think I’m mean but your delusional.

By: Please
by: are you seriousOct 29, 2018 11:21:55 AM

@please I am not delusional in the least, you are one rough tough girl, to put it nicely. Exclusive is hardly a word I would describe the greek system by. You don't think for one second that some of the girls left of this process were mistakes? Most of us do. And just as some that were given bids were mistakes as well--you for starters!!. There really isn't a need for you attitude. MOST don't share it with you.

By: are you serious
by: PleaseOct 29, 2018 11:39:31 AM

You can say what you want about me but most don’t want to share mixers this early in the year. Call me tough that’s fine. I paid my dues literally and figuratively. Sorry if it hurts your feelings.

By: Please
#5  by: obvious   

Rules are sometimes bent a little when people have friends in the sorority. Rules are sometimes bent in general . I am sure not everyone follows every "rule" all the time. Be nice.

By: obvious
#6  by: Faiir   

Rules are bent when it suits others. There are plenty of girls left out and are I guess not “cool” enough. I have friends in every sorority and they really don’t like it. Mine included.

By: Faiir
by: are you seriousOct 29, 2018 11:27:16 AM

@fair So are you saying all the left out girls are not "cool"??

By: are you serious
by: FairOct 29, 2018 11:33:53 AM

No I think that girls are left out because others think that. You think kappa would take girls who didn’t get bids out with them.?

By: Fair
by: TruthOct 29, 2018 4:31:06 PM

Yes, I think Kappa would take their friends out with them.

By: Truth
by: WowOct 29, 2018 5:32:19 PM

Wow. That’s harsh. Way to bash DZ. I know some girls in DZ and they are amazing. Maybe if people didn’t think like you they wouldn’t be struggling. Btw they have mixers and they would bring anyone who wanted to come because they dont judge.

By: Wow
#7  by: hold on   

so wait let me get this straight...... Every girl had an opportunity for a bid if they went through recruitment. The girls that rushed dropped either because they didn't get called back to sorority of choice or they received a bid they didn't want and dropped. So now your mad because someone is saying they shouldn't go to mixers? Your are saying because they didn't get exactly what they wanted rules shouldn't exist? Lots of girls took bids to sororities they didn't originally want but wanted so badly to be in Greek life they took a chance (most who I know are thrilled they did).So these GID's who thought they were too good for lower ranked sorority's are now victims? They could have joined a sorority they choose not too. They could take open bids....they choose not to. So no you can't go to mixers. You made your choice when you thought you were to good for this system.

By: hold on
by: Getting this straightOct 29, 2018 5:21:00 PM

First of all, Not everyone got a bid

Many that got a bid got it for DZ, which is new and struggling. When every other sorority has 30 new members, and poor DZ gets maybe one or 2, how appealing do you think this is. Apparently you didn't get that bid. Girls join sororities to make lots of new friends, not a couple. When they started DZ perhaps they should have taken a couple of members from each existing sorority, that could have helped. PanHel should have offered some incentive.

But lets be real here. You can't put a bunch of girls together and think they will all be fast friends--no way. Might work with guys, but not girls. As you go through time, and quicker than you realize, you will see that there are cliques of girls within cliques. Because you are referred to as sisters, you are no way loving everyone in your sorority.

By: Getting this straight
by: wowOct 29, 2018 5:37:02 PM

posted under wrong place...WOW thats harsh way to bash DZ. I know some girls in DZ and they are amazing. Maybe if people didn't think like you they wouldn't be struggling. BTW they have mixers and they would bring anyone who wanted to come because they don't judge

By: wow
by: hold onOct 29, 2018 5:46:37 PM

don't know any girls who didn't get a bid if they didn't drop when they didn't get invited back. Unless they suicide bid but then again....choice

By: hold on
by: wrongOct 30, 2018 11:03:39 AM

Nope, you are wrong. Some girls did not get bids. Some girls only got DZ. Not bashing anyone in DZ, the couple girls I know are nice girls, but most would understand that joining a new sorority, with a small amount of members, is not for everyone.
Don't fault the girls who attend mixers with friends. They probably don't feel comfortable all the time anyway, but would rather go out than stay at home. Many would welcome paying the dues in your sorority too. Like someone else said, be nice.

By: wrong
by: IfffOct 30, 2018 11:22:12 AM

Maybe if more girls who want to join things do join DZ it wouldn’t be so small that girls would say “ they only got a bid to DZ”. I know you meant no harm by that comment and I agree. But this is a great opportunity to create a great new sisterhood.

By: Ifff
#8  by: Getting this straight   

Not bashing DZ at all. Apparently you didn't listen to what you read. It is their lack of size that holds girls back. I see you didn't run towards them, @wow, did you? I give those girls more credit than any others.

#9  by: nice    

@getting this straight Lets be real? I guess your in top tier or think so highly of yourself and your "sisters" that you can only imagine how unappealing getting a bid from DZ would be. Hope your not in AZD who a few years ago had 3 pledges and were considered the DZ of the Greek life at Bucknell.

By: nice
by: Getting this straightOct 29, 2018 5:50:13 PM

@nice reread what you wrote, AZD was considered the DZ a few years ago. What does that mean? Thats a rhetorical question, you don't need to answer.

#10  by: Getting this straight   

Ironically, I am not in a top tier. What is considered top tier, and by who? Rhetorical.

by: move onOct 29, 2018 6:15:24 PM

Getting this straight you really need to get a life. Do you think your funny? Rhetorical

By: move on

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.