facebook

take a bid or don't

by: Over it

Enough with this open bid stuff. If you want to be in Greek life then look for an open bid or try again next year. DZ is a new sorority that has Greek life support. You don't want them who cares ...you do go for it. I want to talk about Greek life on here not about people dropping and GDI's. Enough BS this is getting old.

Posted By: Over it
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: off   

Apparently you are very happy with what you got. I am sure you have absolutely no compassion for those who came up empty handed, and not of their own doing. Go rank yourself in your little chapter of sisters, maybe in time they will regret you being part of them. In the meantime, there are plenty of people here trying to help those we consider friends, regardless of their greek association or not.

By: off
#2  by: student at b   

@ over it, what do you want to do, rank yourself ? jump on another post and do that all you want--because so few people really care about that. BUT DO NOT TAKE AWAY FROM PEOPLE TRYING TO HELP OTHER PEOPLE HERE, it is what most want. I came to this school to have fun, make friends and most importantly get a great education. If your only friends are those in your sorority, you have issues, and i feel bad for your sisters.

By: student at b
by: Over itSep 11, 2018 10:01:48 AM

First off I didn’t get what I wanted . Second I was saying if you want to take an open bid do it. Don’t tear down DZ with false crap cause it’s the only option. DZ is liked by Greeks so the only people that are talking crap are the gdi that are pissed off. That’s what I meant. Take the bid or don’t but ripping into them is terrible and I don’t want to see or hear it. All the info has been given out so look harder at my post. I didn’t mean to offend

By: Over it
by: girly girlSep 11, 2018 11:27:06 AM

@over it you were a little misunderstood in what you said. No one should be bashing DZ, they are just starting out. But the reason for all the posts is because clearly people want to become affiliated with a group and just don't know where or how to go about it. It would be nice if the school could help a little. hard to gather people that are physically scattered across the campus.

By: girly girl
#3  by: Over it   

They just need to reach out to the sorority. I don't think the sororities have their names so they have to just get in touch with the girls and take it from there. I didn't get what I wanted and didn't suicide so I'm stuck. Trust me I would have been more likly to try DZ if I was just dropped.

By: Over it
by: Girly girlSep 11, 2018 12:12:36 PM

@over it. Do you hang out with girls outside your sorority? Like would you invite gdis to your functions or to parties etc?

By: Girly girl
#4  by: over it   

I know some girls who are on sports teams and some girls who dropped or were dropped. The girls in sports either can't or don't want to be greek and the others are so crushed by the process I don't know if they would take any bid right now. As for parties. I can't have them come to mixers before it opens to the rest of school as far as I know. I am new to this and it kinda sucks. Thats why I think this dropping and talking about DZ should wait till spring when girls are mentally ready to give it a shot

By: over it
#5  by: gdiiiiii   

im interested in learning more but im basing all i know about dz on what i saw during recruitment which didnt leave a good impression. rush was so upsetting but good for you that you lucked out. not everyone is so lucky.

By: gdiiiiii
by: OkkkkSep 11, 2018 9:12:43 PM

You shouldn’t base it all on recruitment. You felt terrible being judged during it so you must know sometimes you need to give somthing another chance. You never know until you try. But it’s up to you and what your comfortable with.

By: Okkkk

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.