facebook

stop the drop

by: Student Student

Based on the threads from other posts, there is definitely a problem with the sorority situation and girls dropping. Last year and this year it appears that most sororities had to offer less bids in order to allow DZ to ramp up. But the problem is that DZ-- being new and only having a few members and getting no real hep from the faculty overseeing the greeks change this, has been given a negative label by many. I have no doubt that DZ would welcome many of the gdis, and there are many great looking, funny, smart gdis that need to be brought together to make this work. This could be a real win/win for all involved, but we need help to make this work. The faculty has said that the gdis do not want to be brought together, I for one do not believe this. Let's do something about it and make BU more fun for everyone!! Ideas strongly encouraged!!

Posted By: Student Student
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Not sure   

I think the above would be amazing if there was follow through. GDI’s and DZ you need to get on this. Not only are there incredible GDI’s the girls from DZ are great.

By: Not sure
by: 4 YearsSep 10, 2018 9:12:40 AM

LETS...GET...THIS...ROLLING!!!

By: 4 Years
#2  by: Gdi   

I don't think the faculty will give out a list to sororities. I could be wrong. The GDI's best bet is to go right to the source and go directly to DZ. hardest part is to be brave enough to the first person to step forward. . Trust me girls your not alone. I'm sure a dozen will follow. Take this opportunity and run with it.

By: Gdi
by: student #1Sep 10, 2018 12:14:10 PM

Getting a list is probably protected by some law. But why can't they at least help us get the ball rolling. Publicizing a meeting for us. Part of the problem is that this process made us all "independent" when we in actuality were not looking to be isolated from others. Had I known this was part of the culture here, I would have picked another college! But that is too late, time to make it better at BU.

Come on people!!!

By: student #1
by: AloneSep 10, 2018 12:40:34 PM

You don't have to be alone in this. Everyone knows some GDI's get them up and motivated. They are so upset by the process and rumors that in this case there are power in numbers. Get info on who is rush chair and meet with them. If DZ is the only one taking open bids. Take it! The bigger they get the more social they become. You only had a few minutes to talk to each sorority so now that you have the opportunity to make connections do it.

By: Alone
#3  by: student #1   

For all the views that post is getting--lets see more thumbs up!!

By: student #1
#4  by: Student   

GDI's probably know some girls in DZ that they follow on instagram or are in class with. Just go talk to them and ask about it. I'm sure they will be willing to talk to you, they all obviously love their sorority and want to keep growing.

By: Student
#5  by: gdi   

i dont wanna be told on for drinking

By: gdi
by: GdiiSep 10, 2018 7:48:26 PM

Don’t know where you get your info but they don’t do that. If you don’t want to join don’t but don’t throw false info out there.

By: Gdii
by: studentSep 10, 2018 8:09:12 PM

i read the same thing on here on another thread about dz turning someone in for drinking .

By: student
by: DuhhhhSep 10, 2018 8:22:13 PM

That's DG not DZ

By: Duhhhh
#6  by: gdi   

dz had the most embarrassing rush and the only girls that could keep conversations were the ones from penn state. nothing against dz, they may be nice and have good intentions but its not worth it to rush if ur a gdi that likes partying and drinking which a lot of gdis like to do. tell me im wrong.

By: gdi
by: LolSep 10, 2018 7:52:44 PM

Your wrong. You can’t wear letters when you party so unless you know them personally that’s pretty unfair. You obviously didn’t get what you wanted that’s fine be a GDI’. Enjoy

By: Lol
#7  by: Haha   

Tbh, gdis might not have the ideal college experience, but they’re gonna learn a lot more about life from dropping/being dropped than getting what they want and being in a top tier sorority. It sucks, but it just means your time is coming later..

By: Haha

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.