facebook

rushing

by: Why

Why is rush for boys fun dinner and chilling out and for girls it’s like judging a 10 minute conversation? It’s like unnatural and I don’t understand how an accurate judgement can be made from that and appearance alone.

Posted By: Why
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: GreekNoMore   

Yup, system is a bit of a joke. You have to know people to get you in. If you have a sib in a sorority you are golden. Or if you come from a high school that has peeps in sororities, that works too. But otherwise, a 10 minute conversation tells someone enough to take you are not?.?

By: GreekNoMore
by: Too badAug 30, 2018 2:12:49 PM

Heard a lot of girls already dropped.

By: Too bad
by: FalseAug 30, 2018 6:12:29 PM

Even if you know half the chapter it really might not help you. It’s literally a computer program that puts numbers together and that’s it

By: False
#2  by: why not   

what you need to remember, is that these decisions are not made my your peers, but rather those a year or two ahead of you. absolutely nothing wrong with being your own person. to drop is a sign of strength, not weakness. weakness is to conform, and to conform is to be someone you are not!

By: why not
by: Too badAug 30, 2018 6:02:39 PM

I agree it’s not a bad thing to drop but most do it because they didn’t get called back to the sorority of choice nothing about conforming. They just want to wear certain letters which is fine. I feel bad for the girls who wanted those spots and then couldn’t be offered another chance to get to know the girls. I don’t know personally anyone who dropped but just heard more than usual.

By: Too bad
#3  by: why not   

If you change who you are to get into a crowd, you are conforming. The system just doesn't work for all, and those left on the outside of it are just as good, if not better than any that made it through. The fact is if you can come away from freshman year with a group of friends that you really like, says more about you than being admitted into a girls/boys club. The fact that a greek organization can break up this group just proves how destructive the process is. Is it all so necessary??

By: why not

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.