facebook

an active

by: Dear PNMs,

1. There will be houses that will only judge you for your looks. There will be houses that drop you for having the wrong zip code. There will probably be at least one cut that hurts your feelings. But it's not the end of the world, and it doesn't mean that something is wrong with you.
2. People actually do pass out from the heat and dehydration during this week. PLEASE don't be one of them! Bring a water bottle, snacks, and a personal fan with you every day.
3. Your hair is not going to cooperate in 100 degree, humid weather. Lower your expectations and find a good hairspray now.
4. Keep. An. Open. Mind. Forget everything you've heard about tiers and reputations and let yourself explore all your options.
5. It's very possible that you won't experience that feeling of "just knowing" where you belong during rush. I didn't know I made the right choice until after I had gotten my bid.
6. It's normal to have fewer than the max number of parties each day, even on preference.
7. You may not get your first choice on preference. Give them a chance anyway -- you might be surprised.
8. This is not the most important week of your life. However this week ends, you're going to have a wonderful time in college, and whether or not you have letters on a jacket won't change that.
9. The actives are just as nervous as you are, I promise.
10. You are beautiful, smart, funny, interesting, important, and remarkably special. Now go kick some recruitment butt.

Posted By: Dear PNMs,
Post Reply Report
Page 5 of 5
#41  by: Bump   

Bump this!

By: Bump
#42  by: And   

Bump

By: And
#43  by: .   

Need another bump!

By: .
#44  by: Guest   

5 years later and still true

By: Guest
#45  by: Bump!!   

Thought with all the negativity to bump this back! :)

By: Bump!!
#46  by: Yes   

Needs another bump

By: Yes
#47  by: Sunshine   

wish we could pin this

By: Sunshine
#48  by: Read This   

Bumping

By: Read This
#49  by: Bump   

Bumping

By: Bump
#50  by: UA   

Not to sound elitist…but sorority life at UA is unlike most other schools. It’s a huge, strong system. Guarantee you won’t regret joining the chapter you placed last, if it comes to that…because it’s still an amazing sisterhood with a beautiful house and fun activities.

By: UA

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.