facebook

an active

by: Dear PNMs,

1. There will be houses that will only judge you for your looks. There will be houses that drop you for having the wrong zip code. There will probably be at least one cut that hurts your feelings. But it's not the end of the world, and it doesn't mean that something is wrong with you.
2. People actually do pass out from the heat and dehydration during this week. PLEASE don't be one of them! Bring a water bottle, snacks, and a personal fan with you every day.
3. Your hair is not going to cooperate in 100 degree, humid weather. Lower your expectations and find a good hairspray now.
4. Keep. An. Open. Mind. Forget everything you've heard about tiers and reputations and let yourself explore all your options.
5. It's very possible that you won't experience that feeling of "just knowing" where you belong during rush. I didn't know I made the right choice until after I had gotten my bid.
6. It's normal to have fewer than the max number of parties each day, even on preference.
7. You may not get your first choice on preference. Give them a chance anyway -- you might be surprised.
8. This is not the most important week of your life. However this week ends, you're going to have a wonderful time in college, and whether or not you have letters on a jacket won't change that.
9. The actives are just as nervous as you are, I promise.
10. You are beautiful, smart, funny, interesting, important, and remarkably special. Now go kick some recruitment butt.

Posted By: Dear PNMs,
Post Reply Report
Page 3 of 5
#21  by: for sure   

bump

By: for sure
#22  by: lllooo   

Keep at top!

By: lllooo
#23  by: 345564564   

bump

By: 345564564
#24  by: <3   

true wisdom

By: <3
#25  by: for the PNMs   

bump

By: for the PNMs
by: TrueAug 12, 2015 11:30:24 PM

This is so true

By: True
#26  by: !!   

PNMs! Read this again! You may have a different perspective now and it may have a different meaning to you. Hope it helps!

By: !!
#27  by: <3   

Hang in there! You've almost made it! But don't expect to automatically be close to your new sisters. YOU will have to make the effort to meet everyone. And even though we are so excited for our new sisters, actives will be tired...we've been here for 2 weeks and had long days every day. Don't be sad if we need a break for a day or 2. Take this time to get familiar with T Town and campus. It is important to go to the house every chance you get and def eat meals there even if it is inconvenient. Jump in and get involved! Also get involved on campus. Embrace your new life. You will get out of it what you put into it!

That quote really is true..."I'm not telling you it's going to be easy. I'm telling you it's going to be worth it."

By: <3
#28  by: True   

Bump

By: True
#29  by: ..   

Keep at top

By: ..
#30  by: Ugh   

Actual decent thread from last year.

By: Ugh

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.