facebook

an active

by: Dear PNMs,

1. There will be houses that will only judge you for your looks. There will be houses that drop you for having the wrong zip code. There will probably be at least one cut that hurts your feelings. But it's not the end of the world, and it doesn't mean that something is wrong with you.
2. People actually do pass out from the heat and dehydration during this week. PLEASE don't be one of them! Bring a water bottle, snacks, and a personal fan with you every day.
3. Your hair is not going to cooperate in 100 degree, humid weather. Lower your expectations and find a good hairspray now.
4. Keep. An. Open. Mind. Forget everything you've heard about tiers and reputations and let yourself explore all your options.
5. It's very possible that you won't experience that feeling of "just knowing" where you belong during rush. I didn't know I made the right choice until after I had gotten my bid.
6. It's normal to have fewer than the max number of parties each day, even on preference.
7. You may not get your first choice on preference. Give them a chance anyway -- you might be surprised.
8. This is not the most important week of your life. However this week ends, you're going to have a wonderful time in college, and whether or not you have letters on a jacket won't change that.
9. The actives are just as nervous as you are, I promise.
10. You are beautiful, smart, funny, interesting, important, and remarkably special. Now go kick some recruitment butt.

Posted By: Dear PNMs,
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 5
#1  by: A   

Love this. Thank you! And girls, YES, girls do pass out. On bid day a girl in my class passed out while we were taking Zaps, it was not good!

By: A
by: pnmMay 28, 2015 10:32:14 PM

thank you for that message!! and what are zaps?

By: pnm
by: ZAPMay 29, 2015 8:36:26 AM

Is the company that takes professional photos for events like bid day, swaps, formals, date parties, etc.

By: ZAP
by: Yes.Jun 5, 2015 11:43:35 AM

And EAT SOMETHING. Yes, there's a lunch break but there are so many trying to get lunch that sometimes there is no time to get it and eat. Keep some crackers or something with you to tide you over.

By: Yes.
by: don't be forget!Jun 30, 2017 11:51:27 PM

bring a fan so you don't pass out from heat exhaustion!!!

By: don't be forget!
#2  by: pnm   

THANK YOU

Finally something positive

By: pnm
#3  by: omg   

I wish someone had told me all this before rush! good luck pnms

By: omg
#4  by: Active   

Bump!!

By: Active
#5  by: addition   

Another piece of advice is to be happy with whatever house you get. Don't just be all mopey and expect them to do all the work to make you like it. (In other words, don't JUST "give them a chance.") Launch yourself into the sorority and do everything you can to learn about the sorority and it's members. I got one of my least favorite houses and now I can't see myself anywhere else. You're in charge of your own happiness!

By: addition
by: YeahJul 12, 2016 12:22:20 PM

Girl I know got her third choice, dropped after a week. She was miserable all year, should have given the group that actually wanted her a chance. Supposedly she's rushing again, doubt it will work out any better for her this time.

By: Yeah
#6  by: So   

Bump

By: So
#7  by: bump   

bump

By: bump
#8  by: .   

Very helpful and very kind. Thank you!

By: .
#9  by: .i wish............   

that i knew which house you are in. i want to associate with people like u. thanks.

By: .i wish............
by: God oneJul 11, 2016 7:35:12 AM

From last year. Helped me. Hope it helps you.

By: God one
#10  by: n   

read this not all the rankings bs

By: n

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.