facebook

an active

by: Dear PNMs,

1. There will be houses that will only judge you for your looks. There will be houses that drop you for having the wrong zip code. There will probably be at least one cut that hurts your feelings. But it's not the end of the world, and it doesn't mean that something is wrong with you.
2. People actually do pass out from the heat and dehydration during this week. PLEASE don't be one of them! Bring a water bottle, snacks, and a personal fan with you every day.
3. Your hair is not going to cooperate in 100 degree, humid weather. Lower your expectations and find a good hairspray now.
4. Keep. An. Open. Mind. Forget everything you've heard about tiers and reputations and let yourself explore all your options.
5. It's very possible that you won't experience that feeling of "just knowing" where you belong during rush. I didn't know I made the right choice until after I had gotten my bid.
6. It's normal to have fewer than the max number of parties each day, even on preference.
7. You may not get your first choice on preference. Give them a chance anyway -- you might be surprised.
8. This is not the most important week of your life. However this week ends, you're going to have a wonderful time in college, and whether or not you have letters on a jacket won't change that.
9. The actives are just as nervous as you are, I promise.
10. You are beautiful, smart, funny, interesting, important, and remarkably special. Now go kick some recruitment butt.

Posted By: Dear PNMs,
Post Reply Report
Page 4 of 5
#31  by: Also   

Be glad you're not rushing someplace like Texas, where the "elite" houses will be openly mean to you if you're not a desired PNM or will diss you to your face if you end up joining a perceived lesser house.

Bama sororities may seem intimidating, but they're WAY more about Pan Love than other schools.

By: Also
by: YallJul 19, 2016 2:05:07 PM

Actually very true but hard together that message on Greek rank

By: Yall
#32  by: Pan Love   

PNMs, please read this and take it to heart! All of this is 100% true, unlike some things you may have read on this site. We are so excited about meeting you and welcoming you to Bama in just a few weeks :)! Have fun, good luck, stay positive, and follow your instincts...in the end, you'll end up where you belong if you keep an open mind and stay true to yourself. Pan Love!!!

By: Pan Love
#33  by: Yes!    

Also, because of some of the questions being asked lately...ALL 16 houses have absolutely beautiful women and not so beautiful women, smart women and not as smart women, very involved women and not so involved women, women who love to party and women who would rather stay in and watch movies, outgoing women and shy women, sporty women and artsy women...etc. There are around 400 women in each house; you are bound to click with women in EVERY house. Every house has social events like swaps/mixers, date parties, formals, sisterhood events, Philantrophy events..and every house participates in fun things like Greek Week and Homecoming. Every house has something special and unique to offer. We all have good friends in all houses. Trust me. Being GREEK at UA is an honor and a privilege! In short, keep an open mind about all of the houses and know that EVERY sorority at Bama will offer you an amazing experience and wonderful memories and life lasting friendships.

By: Yes!
#34  by: Aahh   

So nice to see a positive post with all the negativity on this site. Pan love.

By: Aahh
#35  by: No   

The actives are not just as nervous. Maybe just as tired. What a condescending fake, and you all fell for it.

By: No
#36  by: 1   

9.actives are just as nervous. What a fake.

By: 1
#37  by: lovenothate   

Don't let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good.

By: lovenothate
#38  by: ^   

Reminder

By: ^
#39  by: Good reminder   

Even after bid day this is still a good reminder!

By: Good reminder
#40  by: ❤️   

Love this thread! Wish I saw it going into rush!

Good sound advice future PNMs!

By: ❤️

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.