facebook

is the youtuber vlogger going through rush?

by: question

Keep hearing that the youtuber vlogger is going through rush. Is this true? Is so, how do I avoid getting in the same sorority as her. Can I ask the sororities if they are interested in her? I don't want to be in her sorority because I want privacy. I don't want my life splashed up on Youtube. I'm very worried about showing up on the day and finding out she is in the same sorority as me. I want to know ahead of time so I can drop out of that sorority and get another one. Nothing against her, I just don't want my life public.

Posted By: question
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 4
#11  by: ?   

Can someone drop the YouTube channel of this girl

By: ?
by: ^Jul 3, 2017 3:43:17 PM

Can't say her name. But she gets over a million views on some of her VLOGS. She will be coming here next year. Her Vlogs aren't that bad, and she is sort of cute, and seems nice. We just can't take on the liability. Nor do we want to. We will probably have to drop her on the second round. We cannot take her to Pref.

By: ^
#12  by: Lol   

Damn UGA's greek system is horrible smh.

By: Lol
#13  by: chill out   

Everyone can just relax.There are significant rumors that she wants GPhiB and rumors that they want her. So everyone can just call.

By: chill out
by: LolJul 3, 2017 4:15:13 PM

I believe Pi phi already given her a bid

by: nextJul 3, 2017 5:59:45 PM

Great Pi Phi or Gamma Phi can have her. We don't want her. NEXT!

By: next
by: @LOLJul 4, 2017 11:01:20 AM

Have sororities already given out bids? How does this work? I don't have any connections , so if I don't already have a bid, should I not go through rush?

By: @LOL
by: NoJul 4, 2017 10:01:09 PM

Isn't her friend the other famous V-logger a KD?

By: No
by: LolJul 18, 2017 4:37:40 PM

There is no way she'll go gamma phi. She will be a KD

#14  by: @^   

She might not have power but her Youtube sponsors have power.I'm not getting paid so I'm not going to be their Trick Pony that puts on a show, nor will I be bullied by corporate sponsors.I will not put myself into a situation that could risk my future job prospects. I came to college to get a job, not burn my bridges for the rest of my life. And if I'm drinking at a party , I sure don't want it on Youtube. I don't want to have to be fake all the time, because I'm afraid I will be put in a bad light on Youtube. It's not fair.

By: @^
by: OmgJul 4, 2017 1:18:48 AM

Stop crying like baby. Why r u so unsecured. It's ok, she is just more successful than u in life. And don't think about job, first pass all your courses and then think about it. Btw, leave that high school mentality aside.

By: Omg
by: @OmgJul 4, 2017 10:08:22 AM

I don't see anyone on here crying like a baby. I see people protecting their professional futures. That's smart. Things you do in college can really bite you later.

By: @Omg
by: @@omgJul 4, 2017 11:03:57 AM

I don't know how it affects you getting a job in the future. I do not even think u know all the girls in your sorority. U r leaving this sorority life when u graduate and no one really got time for how much u drink or kicked out of a sorority or something's like that. Only thing that will matter is your gpa and internship you got. As a Freshmen u might think, sorority is something important. U will also be curious because is a huge change from high school. Become a senior and you will understand, how unimportant sorority is. It's nothing but a way to pass time.

By: @@omg
#15  by: Curious   

What does it mean to be an "unsecured" PNM? They're not tied to one particular chapter? Or do you mean INSECURE?

By: Curious
by: 😀Aug 9, 2017 7:59:19 PM

Haha! It means someone is ignorant!

By: 😀
#16  by: lol   

I'm confused on how some of y'all got in to UGA with what's written here. They definitely mean insecure, and I have no idea how one girl who gets sponsored by period companies will become some tyrant in a chapter and kick everyone out. That doesn't make any sense. I'm sure she's a nice girl, and like all of us is coming from a family with money and is excited for recruitment. However, I do think she should be careful what she puts on the internet, as she has already limited her options. In her college acceptance video she mentioned that she had been waitlisted here, which makes me think her grades might not be the best, and even though she's far from the only girl at UGA who goes shopping all the time, by posting it on the internet, it seems like she buys new clothes every few days. Not to mention getting an additional apartment to crash at/film videos. Again, doesn't make her a bad person, but does open her up to being judged before she gets here. Let's just hope she has some strong (stronger than one girl in one chapter) connections, grades, and recs so she doesn't get cut too harshly.

By: lol
by: ummm wellJul 5, 2017 6:43:26 PM

How did we get into UGA? Well this isn't Harvard honey.

By: ummm well
#17  by: wut   

Carolan????? not hot at all.....

By: wut
#18  by: active    

Dude what do you guys think she's going to do? Follow you around with a camera? No. Get a life and get off this site. No one likes mean girls, and no one wants them in their sorority....be careful ladies.

By: active
by: ^Jul 6, 2017 2:01:22 AM

I agree people are making a BFD out of it, but I do understand their concern. I want to control the information that gets out about me. I choose not to have social media pages. I do want to go through rush, but I am a little worried in general about privacy (not just this Blogger). The job I want requires a lot of discretion. If my pictures show up and I am partying and drinking, it could really damage me. I want to be nice to everyone, but I don't want to be in a sorority that would make me do videos and put my picture on social media.

by: ^Jul 13, 2017 4:39:20 PM

Okay I don't want her in my house either but it's because she's weird and has terrible taste. Are you planning on running for office? What kind of job to want in the future that you aren't allowed to be seen drinking?

by: @^Jul 14, 2017 2:24:49 AM

Trust me ! There are a lot of jobs that won't hire you if you have drinking pics around. Of course they know everyone drinks, but if you are so tacky as to let your guard down and have friends who post those pics, then you probably have judgment problems. They don't want people who have discretion issues. This is really a real thing.

by: ^Jul 14, 2017 3:26:04 PM

I intern for one of the most prestigious accounting firms in the world and I've seen the office managing partner along with the majority of my colleagues hammered. The office fridges are filled with coolers, beer and wine. Mind you posting those pics yourself is tacky but I wouldn't stress too much about it, I think sorority recruitment judges harder on drinks in photos than most employers. ALTHOUGH my experience might be special as the big 4 does tend to be a little wallstreet-esq I guess the health industry or NPOs may be less accepting of the party lifestyle.

by: ?Jul 16, 2017 10:57:35 AM

Why down vote this, it's reality

By: ?
#19  by: I predict   

I think she will join a sorority. Probably Pi Phi or Gamma Phi, but I predict she will be one of the low key members. I don't think she will be all that vocal or involved. She seems really busy. She also seems nice , but probably wouldn't fit in with the top tier here.

By: I predict
by: me tooJul 14, 2017 2:27:42 AM

I think she will get in a house, and be a nice person. She seems sweet. We just can't take on the risk, but I'm sure some houses are willing.

By: me too
by: who knows?Jul 14, 2017 6:29:14 PM

I'm pretty sure she will get into GPhiB and/or KD. Other than that it might be hard. Maybe Pi Phi or the new Alpha Phi.

By: who knows?
by: ^Jul 14, 2017 6:47:30 PM

She isn't good looking enough to get a bid to most APhi chapters, I doubt our chapter will be any more forgiving.

by: @^Jul 14, 2017 8:02:56 PM

while APhi does tend to recruit mostly based on looks, their PC will still have a considerable amount of filler girls who aren't 10's or even 7's. If you take her online presence combined with her connection to APhi through her friendship with Tori, I doubt she'd have a problem getting a bid there. It might be the best option for her at this point, because no matter how hard her KD friend goes to bat for her, I doubt the chapter will bid her. Maybe AGD?

by: ^Jul 16, 2017 10:59:08 AM

They didn't have filler girls at ole miss, they weren't concerned with quantity and it worked for them

by: @^Jul 19, 2017 9:59:05 AM

trust me, they have plenty, just like every chapter everywhere. They just choose to not post them on their social media.

by: ^Jul 19, 2017 4:49:09 PM

They actually were criticized for not taking as many girls as most colonies would, they were a lot more selective than you typical colony

#20  by: sorry but...   

I can't stop laughing about her stupid backpack. how long did it take to essentially stick her initials on a grey herschel knockoff? I kept thinking there would be something special about it, like an interesting pattern inside or a fun color zipper, but nope, literally a water bottle pocket and her "motto". So revolutionary...

By: sorry but...
by: ^Jul 8, 2017 11:10:16 PM

She gets paid for this stuff, so whatever. Be

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.