facebook

fall recruitment

by: Sorority Girl

Recruitment can be tough at OU but there is a place for everyone if you keep an open mind. The houses that are the most difficult to receive a bid from are KAT KKG DDD XO PBP. Do not get your heart totally set on any of these houses or you might be heart broken. More realistic houses are AP DG GPB and AXO. AP is probably the hardest of these houses. Both AOP and AGD are building up great houses so they would be great too! Regardless of a few posters on this site ALL of the sororities have great girls and every type of girl. Good luck in the fall to all PNMs and a little advice.... Get off this site, go through recruitment, meet the girls and see where you fit. It's the only way to be truly happy and have a great sorority experience that will last a life time.

Posted By: Sorority Girl
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 7
#11  by: Sad truth here   

PNMs: Unless you are blonde, on cheer or pom, a pageant queen, have off the charts grades, or come from major money or a prominent family, the odds of you getting a bid from Kappa, Theta, PiPhi or Tri Delt are slim to none. Don't waste your time with them and cut them before they cut you. This will allow you to be able to really look at all the other accepting and great houses at OU. Have fun!

By: Sad truth here
#12  by: Agree   

I totally agree with Kappa Klassless but would add Theta to the list of houses PNMs should really think about. Theta is known for cutting sitting sisters, chapter legacies, and being extremely disliked. PNMs it's highly advised you consider other houses. What Thetas do during recruitment is just not cool. They know it, everyone knows it, and PNMs deserve to know it too.

By: Agree
by: ou momAug 11, 2014 10:57:36 AM

I agree. My daughter made the mistake of picking all of the ones you mentioned and got cut from all! She has a 4.0, she did a ton of community service, she's a legacy and she had a ton of recs. Didn't matter, she still got stuck with two houses…one she was okay with and one she didn't feel comfortable in. It's a shame on how they do recruitment.

By: ou mom
by: OU Parent-IAAug 11, 2014 2:03:34 PM

I have been reading all this bickering on this site and think it is totally crazy. Why? Why can’t these girls be judged on their accomplishments? I know several girls that had GPAs over 4.0, had outstanding rec letters and will be part of other organizations on the OU campus this fall and they were cut by PHI PI, Theta, Kappa and TRI-Delta, while other girls who were not as strong academically or otherwise and they were not cut because of their looks. (My daughter should have been a blond, unfortunately she is not). It makes me disgusted with this whole process. From an outsider looking it is about who you know and not your accomplishments. How can they judge if someone is a good match based on a 10 minute conversation where the girls are nervous? You have to embrace diversity and I really don't see that happening with the process that is being used by the above mentioned houses to move girls to the next round. They seem to be most comfortable with girls that appear to be just like them. Where is the diversity and the that just because someone do act or look in the same manner they may not be a fit. They may be shy or introvert but it doesn’t mean they would not be a good fit. Before someone states that I’m in one these houses I’m not I am a parent just trying to figure this whole process out and understand why girls that have excellent grades and leadership qualities were cut by all of the above houses because they may have been a little nervous. This process is i

By: OU Parent-IA
#13  by: Boomer   

Bumping because it's true

By: Boomer
#14  by: True   

Original post gets it right just go through recruitment it will be obvious the original poster is telling the truth

By: True
#15  by: Bump   

Honest

By: Bump
#16  by: Yep   

Op have some good advice

By: Yep
#17  by: True   

Here's a truthful discussion post lets see how long it takes GPB to bury it

By: True
#18  by: Me   

Pretty much sums it up

By: Me
#19  by: Me   

Great, truthful, post

By: Me
#20  by: Bumping   

because it's true

By: Bumping

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.