facebook

sorority reputations, honestly

by: Incoming Freshman

Can someone please post one or two sentences about each sorority's reputation? Just what they're known for, whether it be gpa, partying, philanthropy etc... None of this "there aren't any reputations" and "every sorority is great", just get straight to what each sorority is known for around campus.
Thanks in advance!!

Posted By: Incoming Freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 5 of 5
#41  by: N/A   

They are all great! I am from a town where girls go one of three, and I ended up going a completely different route! Here is what I found:
AGD: very fun, academic group. I felt like there was a strong religious aspect, which I liked a lot about them! I did think they seemed to be less concerned about legacies, another thing I liked during rush.
ADP: very fun again. Academic focus, with a lot of Out of state, in particular, I felt like a lot of Georgia girls. I liked how everyone I talked to seemed to have a lot of personality and be very chill and comfortable talking to anyone.again, also a pretty big faith base.
AOP: I thought they had the most interesting and neat rush party ideas of the group! Very diverse, and all very nice. They are more low key on campus, but not in a bad way. They tend to not be big party girls, and I know a lot of them are very involved on campus!
AZD: super super super involved! I saw their president multiple times throughout my freshman year at every single event any other sorority or organization did! Good mix of girls, and all very involved! That was a big reason that I liked talking to their girls, and I felt like each one was so pasitonate about organizations on campus.
Chi-o: probably with AGD and DZ one of the most academically invested sororities on campus. Not a huge mix, but lots of very nice outdoorsy and chill girls! They are also super involved on campus, and I know legacies are a pretty large part of their recruitment.

By: N/A
by: Interesting May 26, 2016 9:49:59 AM

Someone has a problem with Pi Phi. They did not even list them.

By: Interesting
#42  by: N/A   

AXO: very religious! Like AOP more low key, but a bit more involved! Super sweet and everyone single one I've met has been so willing to get involved! Probably the most religious of the group
DDD: fun group! Very diverse, and very focused on philanthropy! They have very neat and different fundraisers! Lots of girls who like to hang out and go out and have a good time! DDD and ZTA are the two big philanthropy sororities with probably PM ADP and DZ being close behind.
DG: sweet and very diverse. More low key but everyone of them are so nice!
DZ: very very fun! Haha very outgoing and diverse group of personalities! Lots of out of state girls and a kind of half way focus on legacies! When I rushed, they put a big influence on family within the sorority and that was really cool. Grades are pretty important but not like CO and AGD
KD: lots of Alabama girls, and very involved! They have the biggest focus on legacies, so it's a very big family vibe! They are really sweet and fun, with some going out and some not.
KKG: super sweet! Probably some of my favorite people I met during rush went Kappa. They are very diverse and all around really nice.
GPB: very diverse with huge focus on strong and independent women! Very fun group!

By: N/A
#43  by: Yes!   

I agree with "sure"

By: Yes!
#44  by: Really?   

Funny how several of the ones you placed at the bottom ....actually have more members holding leadership roles on campus than the groups you placed at the top. And those same groups you put at the bottom have beautiful girls that outshine too many of the girls who belong to your designated top tiers. Lotta not so hot looking legacies taking up that "top tier" section.
Just sayin'.

By: Really?
#45  by: Yes!   

Bump!

By: Yes!
#46  by: hey   

Alpha Chi-has some very sweet and godly girls but recently have gotten some partiers. super cool girls all around though.
ADPi- super super sweet girls. can't say anything bad about them. this years pledge class is a little crazy but once again definitely have girls who don't go out or anything. very beautiful and all around good girls.
alpha gam-super involved. have very diverse pledge classes. very religious and grade based. considered to be "wife material" but a lot of them are super irrelevant and everyone can agree with me on that one. keep to themselves for the most part but are still considered "top"
AOPi-super involved. all around sweet girls but get a few ninjas which makes their "ranking" go down. don't see them out as much as most sororities but thats not a bad thing at all.
AXiD- have some very beautiful girls but a majority a little weird. they like to go out for the most part and not super super involved. still awesome girls though, they just tend to not get the best pledge classes.
Chi O- super godly. very involved and have some very beautiful girls but also have a lot of "different" kinda like alpha gam but more relevant. all around very well liked. some say theyre "outdoorsy" but theres outdoorsy girls in every sorority.
Tri Delt-super involved in their philanthropy. kinda like AOPi but more of them go out. don't usually get the best pledge classes but definitely get some good girls. have heard its the "huntsville sorority" but haven't been getting........

By: hey
#47  by: HAHAHA    

How can you call DG weird but not kappa weird lmao

By: HAHAHA
by: Auburn Feb 8, 2018 6:03:30 AM

Nationally they have the reputation in relationships, and inside the chapters as Krappa Krappa Crazy’ and Kappa Kappa Catty/Cattle, lots of pledging ‘2 tons of fun for a drunken night’ then stalkers.
Log kas tons of ‘fake hype’ , most truly aren’t nice, attractive or friendly, just think that arrogance makes you better than others.

By: Auburn
#48  by: greeklife   

I hope nobody in 2019 looks at this, none of it is accurate anymore. I looked at this during my recruitment thinking sororities such as kappa and gamma phi were lower, only to realize so much has changed and they are top tier. As well as many others. Don't read anything from 2013, or really anything at all on this site. Rush what you think is the best fit for you!

By: greeklife
#49  by: haha   

alpha chi is the best one

By: haha
#50  by: truth   

The “better sororities” are: zta, phi mu, adpi, gphi, and pi phi. Simple.

By: truth
by: 123Mar 22, 2019 8:57:45 AM

^^^ this!!!

By: 123
by: yesMar 22, 2019 1:47:50 PM

kd, sk, axid, as well

By: yes

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.