facebook

sorority reputations, honestly

by: Incoming Freshman

Can someone please post one or two sentences about each sorority's reputation? Just what they're known for, whether it be gpa, partying, philanthropy etc... None of this "there aren't any reputations" and "every sorority is great", just get straight to what each sorority is known for around campus.
Thanks in advance!!

Posted By: Incoming Freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 5
#1  by: Sure   

Normally I'm not one for this, but when I came through I had NO idea about any, and a lot put on a great rush. I ended up preffing a house that I now realize is more into partying than I am and I would have been miserable there. Thankfully I got my 2nd choice which is more laid back and I'm so at home. But had I known some reps before hand I could have gotten rid of the ones I liked during rush but knew were a little more of partiers and given others more of a chance. So, keep in mind there are exceptions in each of these houses, but GENERALLY:
Alpha Chi: Seen as the girl that was sweet and probably into church in HS that had friends and was involved but not necessarily an attention seeker or in your face. Some go out and some don't, but generally classy
ADPi: Girls from good schools that are very all american and classic. Some go out and some don't, also classy. Have a very good rep at Auburn. Kind of preppy.
Alpha Gam: Also girls from good schools that are very classy. Some go out, but they are known as a more good girl group and being very involved. Very studious, normally top grades or #2. Also competitive, which goes with grades I guess, the girls are hard workers and over achievers.
AOPi: Girls next door. They have a more diverse group, which I like. Good mix of girls that go out, goody goods, super involved girls, super laid back girls. Can be friends with anyone.

By: Sure
by: PerfectFeb 22, 2013 12:21:44 AM

So far,so,good

By: Perfect
#2  by: Sure Cont   

Chi O: Girls from good schools, also very studious. Either Alpha Gam or Chi O has top grades every semester. Very classic but also some really fun outdoorsy kind of girls. Classy when they do go out.
DDD: Also a mix, but typically a little more social and girls that go out. There are a few houses that get just a lot of personalities and your typical kind of girl coming to college and pledging a sorority, so you can pick any 3 random people you know and all 3 could end up in the same sorority. Its a benefit because they are diverse and can be a lot of different people's #1. DDD is one of them, but more party.
DG: Is another house like DDD that can make anyone feel like they could fit there. Some go out, some don't, not really known for being partiers or for being goody goods. Kind of girl next door like AOPi, and friendly. Host one of my favorite philanthropy events to go to.
DZ: Similar to DDD in that they can take lots of different kinds of girls and also be known as a more social/girls that go out group.
Gamma Phi: About half go out, and the other half either goes out-ish, like not a lot and classy or doesn't at all. Known for getting a lot of great out of state girls, but plenty of nice Bama girls too.
KKG: Similar to DZ. I know all types in Kappa. Probably more go out then don't. Kind of also don't have a single rep, like DZ again.

By: Sure Cont
by: Very closeAug 12, 2015 8:03:51 PM

However, there are many of the same kind of girls in all the sororities and all have some that party and those that do not. The more diverse groups offer a larger experience for most since they are not relegated to being one dimensional. Who wants a group where everyone looks and act the same?

By: Very close
by: chi oNov 30, 2015 7:03:45 PM

chi o does not have "fun outdoorsy girls" what are you talking about

By: chi o
#3  by: All are special   

All the sororities are exceptional and all have the same kind of girls. To ask people to post something about any sorority is the same as asking girls to post good things about their own with a few others thrown in for good measure so it doesn't look like they are simply posting good things about one. Go through rush and look on your own. No one has to pledge something as there are so many organizations at AU to belong to if you don't feel comfortable with what you have during rush. Come to rush with your eyes, heart and mind open to meeting new people. Pan <3 to all out groups!

By: All are special
#4  by: Sure Cont   

KD: Just realized they went before Kappa, oops. Anyways, KD is also girls from good schools. They have an old rep and are probably a cross between Alpha Gam and ADPi. Very classic and southern. Some go out, some don't.
Phi Mu: Also very classic and southern and classy. The girls who did and won everything in high school with perfect makeup. Some go out and some don't, I don't think their freshmen are allowed to.
Pi Phi: Kind of fun loving, involved girls that like to go out. Diverse mix of girls like AOPi with the social life of DDD.
Sigma Kappa: Another catch all like DDD, DG. Anyone can love them. Known for a lot of personality and funny rush skits. Probably more go out then don't, but not wild.
Theta: Very diverse because I think they've been on campus for about 3 or 4 years. More go out then don't. But almost anyone could fit in because they have a lot of personalities.
Zeta: The 4th member of the SK, DDD, DG group, in my opinion, because there are a lot of different girls in Zeta. Half are down to earth girls like DG, half are fun-loving going out girls like DDD.

#5  by: Sure Cont   

OH SNAP I forgot AZD, SO sorry! The alphabet gets me. So AZD is similar to DZ and Kappa and Theta to me in that they can make anyone feel at home because there are a lot of different kinds of girls. Probably half and half on the going out.

So in conclusion:
The well rounded girls, some go out and some don't, that are very classic and southern and from good schools: ADPi, XO, KD, Alpha Gam, Phi Mu

The girls next door, friendly, some go out and some don't, be friends with anyone:
AOPi, AXO, ZTA, DG

The fun-loving more go out then don't can be friends with anybody:
Pi Phi, DDD, SK

The super diverse mix of every kind of girl:
GPB, Theta, DZ, KKG, AZD

by: meJun 2, 2013 12:18:05 AM

all around great summary!

By: me
by: ThanksFeb 4, 2014 10:46:21 AM

We can tell you are definitely in one of the groups you define as in your top group. All the groups are outstanding. How would you even know how to list "fun", "diverse" and "friendly" as being separate components as what you think are from the other groups..they should ALL have those qualities!

By: Thanks
by: frNov 30, 2015 7:06:56 PM

AZD and GPB are not similar to theta at all. Theres about 10 girls from out of state in AZD this year if you look at their roster.

By: fr
by: ????Mar 26, 2016 7:26:33 AM

You're not really upon all the sororities are you? There is no AZD at Auburn. What group is that? There is a AXD, is that what you were trying to comment on? If you don't know the groups, how would you know anything about the group or groups for that matter. In reality, your opinion is simply to make your group and the ones you like look good and the ones you don't like as being "diverse." You do realize that all the groups should be diverse, right? By being negative about some, you've made them look better. How about just sticking to your own group from now on and stop with the personal opinion you are trying to pan off as being real. (meet some AXDs for instance.)

By: ????
#6  by: Truth   

In my opinion, all are good and girls can fit into most any of them. Be happy to get a bid first! I have met girls who came in wanting only one or two and then find out that they are just as happy in another. All the groups have girls that go out, or do not, fun and not, funny, serious...and that is what makes a sorority so much fun...there's friends you can find that fit anyone's personality. My best friends are in several groups, including my own, since all my friends from high school pledged several different sororities, but we still hang out all the time. Plus, we all have a bunch of new friends, so I have to say it's terriffic!

By: Truth
#7  by: Getting   

straight to it, the above list of sororities @Sure has done is pretty good and for the most part fairly accurate. But, as you can see from her list, there really isn't too much difference in each one. None are know as wild partiers, and none have bad reputations. You can easily choose from any of the 17 and be happy. All sororities have girls who go out, girls who are goodie goodies, girls who have boyfriends and never go out, girls who are fun, academic, chill...etc. It would be impossible to join any group and not be able to find a group of friends that are similar to you.

ChiO, AGD, ADPi, AOPi, Kd, DG basically are known as more conservative
PhiMu, PhiPhi, DDD AXO, Zeta, DZ basically are known as more moderate
SK, GPB, Theta, KKG, AZD are more of a mix of different types

ChiO and AGD over achievers
ADPi, AOPi, DG AXO more well rounded
KD, Zeta, PhiMu money and/or looks
PhiPi, DDD, DZ, like to have fun
SK, GPB, Theta, KKG AZD a little of everything

By: Getting
by: sorority squatFeb 10, 2014 4:34:04 AM

I agree with this post. I am in a sorority at auburn and this is quite accurate

By: sorority squat
by: nopeFeb 10, 2014 3:21:08 PM

not accurate anymore. This was last year

By: nope
by: YepFeb 10, 2014 5:03:02 PM

Very accurate...the comment that "this was last year" is just a silly comment. It takes a couple of years for a sorority to make a change for the better or worse. One pledge class or even a couple of pledge classes doesn't make that much of difference. It helps or hurts some, but not enough to say a serious change in the sorority has taken place.

By: Yep
by: psshFeb 10, 2014 6:43:45 PM

^^^whatever

By: pssh
by: Really???Mar 26, 2016 7:17:30 PM

There isn't even an AZD at the campus... or maybe you don't even know the Greek alphabet. Fake posts are really sad. KD, XO, KKG, AXO and ADP are head of more organizations than you can name and DG is not known as conservative. ZTA and PM are not even in the same category and your listing of "money" is ridiculous. Some of the wealthiest girls are I groups you have chosen to list as low. Either you are a Greek Rank affiliate or from some other college because this list is not accurate at all.

By: Really???
by: HonestFeb 8, 2018 1:56:08 PM

DG is kinda the opposite of conservative lol

By: Honest
by: ?Mar 22, 2018 7:29:43 PM

DG? Really?

By: ?
#8  by: They are all good   

Let it go with the listing.

By: They are all good
#9  by: Opinion 101   

AGD and XO are the top smart groups, after that all the rest are about the same.

By: Opinion 101
#10  by: Really?   

Are we trying to make this "juicy campus'"? Everyone puts their sorority as a top group and others they find fault with those they don't know. The truth is that all the sororities ARE good and they all have diverse girls. Not one group has all the same kind of girls. I find it derogatory that someone posted that my sorority is about money/looks, when that is not true at all. I would assume that her sorority is in the well-rounded or over-achievers or even the little of everything. I guarantee that if you stood a group of girls side by side, you wouldn't know who was in what. Find who YOU like yourself and not what others who are not in that particular sorority say.

By: Really?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.