facebook

sorority reputations, honestly

by: Incoming Freshman

Can someone please post one or two sentences about each sorority's reputation? Just what they're known for, whether it be gpa, partying, philanthropy etc... None of this "there aren't any reputations" and "every sorority is great", just get straight to what each sorority is known for around campus.
Thanks in advance!!

Posted By: Incoming Freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 3 of 5
#21  by: Strange post above   

girl trying hard to be derogatory to several groups and make hers look good. So sad. My group is strong and has a large mixture of girls but she rated them high which means she must dislike a lot of girls in other groups. From what I have seen ALL the groups wear labels, what is she looking at? My best friend is a GPB and she has more labels in her closet probably than the poster has had in her entire life. Wonder if the poster is really from Auburn, she dies not exhibit the normal quality of respect all teh groups show to each other.

By: Strange post above
#22  by: Agree   

Looks like there is a group trying to bring down some of the groups and make hers look good all the time with her posts. All the groups are diverse and they are all into the labels for purses and clothes and cars...if you have to list, then you must not think people think your group is that great. Great girls in all the sororities and a great mix. None of the girls in the groups are all the same..that would be like cookie cutter looks.

By: Agree
#23  by: new    

I read through the replies, and it seems like everyone says about the same" type" things about most of the sororities, and all seem to say they are all good and diverse. I'm baffled at how you see them as derogatory? You should read some other school's walls! I'm an upcoming freshman and I think I fit in a few of the ones described, with the exception of the strict/grades ones cause don't want that much pressure! Any of the ones below that sound great to me. I don't care that someone said a group wears labels. It just means they are more preppy to me and thats where I would probably fit best. idk maybe I'm reading it wrong, but I thought it was more positive than negative and helpful. I'm just soooo excited!!!

By: new
#24  by: asked the question   

Thanks everyone, this was helpful!

By: asked the question
#25  by: but really    

Alpha Chi ~ church, grades
Alpha Gam ~ grades. and church.
Chi Omega ~ i hope you like hiking, and grades and church.
Tri Delt ~ like to go out, nice girls
Kappa ~ they're working on it
KD ~ money, grades and parties. and looks.
DG ~ girls next door, not especially good, not especially bad.
Pi Phi ~ future movie stars
Phi Mu ~ future models
Theta ~ they're also working on it
Gamma Phi ~ future victoria's secret models
A Xi D ~ nice girls, well rounded
Sigma Kappa ~ they're struggling, but over all well liked
ZTA ~ like to party, yet still very philanthropic and involved. overall pretty popular.
DZ ~ like to go out, a lot.
A D Pi ~ very picky in member selection, but everyone loves them generally
A O Pi ~ again girls next door, similar to DG \n\n\n\n\n

By: but really
by: OkayFeb 5, 2017 8:21:18 PM

Ya DZ goes out a lot but was also fifth in grades.
SK isn't struggling they put on a really good rush

By: Okay
#26  by: Excellent   

All are excellent sororities. Personally, I enjoy being with the KD's, XO's, DG's, AGD's, KKG's, ZTA and the AOPi's, but I have some great friends in many of the others also. My best friend and I pledged diferent groups, but we hang out with everyone from all the sororities most of the time anyway...no one has any problems. Enjoy life!

By: Excellent
#27  by: close @but really    

Alpha Chi ~ some church, some grades, sweet girls. well rounded.
Alpha Gam ~ over achievers. grades. church. very involved, well liked. selective.
Chi Omega ~ over achievers. very involved. grades. church. some fun girls thrown in. selective.
Tri Delt ~ like to go out, nice girls. good mix.
Kappa ~ they're working on it. a mix right now.
KD ~ money, grades and parties. looks. things. selective.
DG ~ girls next door, some grades, some church. upper middle tier.
Pi Phi ~ parties, looks, some very pretty,
Phi Mu ~ blonde. glam. looks. fun. selective
Theta ~ mix. new. they're also working on it
Gamma Phi ~ some very pretty girls and they're working on it too
A Xi D ~ nice girls, well rounded
Sigma Kappa ~ working on it. over all well liked
ZTA ~ like to party, philanthropic. involved. looks. glam.
DZ ~ parties. fun. mix.
ADPi ~ some church. some grades. some parties. well liked. well rounded. selective.
AOPi ~ girls next door, similar to DG

By: close @but really
#28  by: Agree with Excellent   

They are all good...the poster who is listing all the groups is probably just the same person over and over again. You can certainly tell which ones she likes.

By: Agree with Excellent
#29  by: Laughing   

At the person who posted her ideas of what each sorority is like. I would like to add that KD is more than just money, looks, grades and parties, they are a great sisterhood and work together with all the others to create a great panhellenic feeling at AU, as they all do that I have seen. My take on the sororities:
KD, XO, ADPi, PP, AGD and PM are all very good but may be harder join due to a strong tie to so many legacies going through
DG, ZTA, DZ, Kappa, GPB and DDD are good also and that is not surprsing since so many great girls go through rush now, so all the sororities have wonderful pc.
Theta, AXiD, SK, AOPi, AXO are good also but a little bit lower key than the others.
To be honest, you can't go wrong with any of them!
Pan <3 to all!

By: Laughing
#30  by: @ Laughing   

I agree, but I think AXO should be in with that middle grouping because I don't think they are low key really. But, I could not agree more that they are all very good.
3 X Pan <3!!!

By: @ Laughing

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.