facebook

sorority reputations, honestly

by: Incoming Freshman

Can someone please post one or two sentences about each sorority's reputation? Just what they're known for, whether it be gpa, partying, philanthropy etc... None of this "there aren't any reputations" and "every sorority is great", just get straight to what each sorority is known for around campus.
Thanks in advance!!

Posted By: Incoming Freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 4 of 5
#31  by: panlove   

they're all great! go through rush and you'll know exactly where you belong!

By: panlove
#32  by: How I see it   

Top 5 (in no particular order)
1. AGD
2. Phi Mu
3. Chi o
4. ADPi
5. KD

Middle tier partygoers
1. Zeta
2. Pi phi
3. Sigma kappa

Middle tier more calm
1. AOPi
2. AXO

Less than middle but still pretty good
1. Gamma phi
2. Tri delt
3. Delta zeta
4. Alpha xi

Kinda on lower end
1. Kappa
2. Theta
3. DG

ALL sororities at auburn have some dimes and some heinous people. Even in the top ones! There are also some cool girls and girls that suck. You'll be fine where ever! It's what you make it!

By: How I see it
by: Really??Feb 4, 2014 2:01:34 AM

I don't get your list at all. I don't think several of those sororities go together. Also, this thread had been dead for almost a year, and everyone previously nailed it. Not sure why you brought it back up to post what many would see as incorrect.

By: Really??
#33  by: Agree w/Laughing   

KD is more than just money, grades and looks for sure. Also Kappa, DG, ZTA, GBP, DZ, AXO and DDD are top notch groups. If you are writing that they aren't, then you are just trying to act like your own group is at the top of the list and wanting to give bad publicity to others, KAT and AXD have really come up and made a name for themselves. XO, AGD, ADP,PM,KD, and PP have longer legacy lists, but with so many legacies (who isn't one any more?) going through, many great girls go into the other groups and that has made all the groups equal. You really can't tell who is in what if they stood toe to toe without letters. Let it go with the rankings...be lad to get a bid and then make it your own! Pan<3to all!

By: Agree w/Laughing
by: THANK YOUFeb 5, 2014 4:42:17 PM

This poster is SPOT on. Groups that consider themselves "upper tier" feel threatened by groups like ZTA, GPB, AXO, and Kappa and constantly rank them as being "bottom tiers" when really they ARE top notch groups that the fraternities like, get good grades, are well rounded, and well seen and involved around campus. In fact ALL of the sororities have their own great qualities. Instead of tearing each other apart and ranking and calling ANY of the groups "bottom tier" why don't we just agree that all of the sororities at Auburn are amazing and that we have a way stronger, more involved and happier PanHellenic than rival schools. STOP ranking sororities as upper or lower. Its so stupid. What they tell us during rush is there is a sorority for EVERYONE. Everyone has a perfect fit of sisters they will love and they will belong in. What right do we have to judge other peoples' family/sisters ?

By: THANK YOU
by: AuburniteJul 25, 2014 1:04:26 PM

GPB, Theta, DZ, KKG, A

By: Auburnite
by: @auburnite2Jul 25, 2014 3:16:20 PM

Someone CLEARY has a vendetta against Kappa. Personally I am a Theta and proud to admit it. And we actually love the Kappas. We have a lot of socials and events with them and they are all a lot of fun. I am sorry that you feel so insecure about YOURSELF that you feel the need to rant about a group on an anonymous website when everyone else is on here promoting “standing together” and “rising up”. Obviously your 'traditional Southern sorority' doesn’t agree with maturity and stopping hate. You are a horrible representation of whichever sorority you are a part of. I love many kappas and I love my sorority with all my heart.
A side note, several of my friends in KKG as well as several of my friends in Sigma Kappa and several of my Theta sisters are the ones who are coming on here to promote the “stand together” and “all in” movement to keep PNMs focusing on the positive. There are two types of sorority girls on here; those who promote positivity and those who promote negativity. Think about which one you would like to represent your 'traditional Southern sorority' with.

By: @auburnite2
by: CheckMay 26, 2016 9:53:13 AM

Check it out, Kappa is all over this board putting themselves first. It's laughable saying they are the victim of a vendetta.

By: Check
#34  by: Interesting   

Post....could indicate why a few sororities are being targeting right before recruitment. It's okay though, I believe their recruitment will stand strong and they will bid really amazing girls again this year.

By: Interesting
by: @interestingJul 31, 2014 7:46:17 PM

Agree.

By: @interesting
#35  by: geed   

here we go, in no particular order.

Phi Mu - gorgeous, care about appearances, selective bc of legacies, considered good overall
DG - girls next door, assortment of looks, come party some don't, nice and funny
Sigma Kappa - okay, under the radar, people forget about them, but kind girls
KKG - fine. some party some don't. working on it
AGD - grades are important, perfect looking girls, they think they are the best, care about rep, church girls, selective
G Phi - into the color pink, a little risque, peppy
ChiO - granola, grades important, exclusive, church, they think they are the best
DZ - aren't too serious, like to have fun, okay grades
AOPi - diverse (which I think is great), nice girls, pretty good
AXO - church girls, pretty good reputation, trying to be better I think
Theta - not great, new and big pledge classes. getting better
ADPi - selective, pretty, care about appearances, close to each other
DDD - like to have fun but not too much, pretty good
PiPhi - party quite a bit, pretty girls, shallow a little, still good though
Zeta - cute girls, they're okay, I forget about them but nothing bad to say
AZD - okay, not the nest looking but not bad, I forget about them too
KD - materialistic, selective, pretty, a little shallow, still considered one of the best

By: geed
by: Dear geedOct 1, 2014 7:39:38 PM

Clearly, there are several sororities that you don't really know one person. These are flippant, trite, irresponsible descriptions of real human beings. Shame on you. You make Auburn look stupid.

By: Dear geed
by: HahaMay 26, 2016 9:40:53 AM

Message below was obviously written by a kkg, disguising themselves as a theta. Don't be paranoid that someone has a vendetta against Kappa. They are at the bottom and they know it, Theta is down there with them.

By: Haha
#36  by: Similar   

I feel like there's certain sororities who are a lot more alike than others. Phi Mu, KD, PBP are all top partiers; Phi Mu's have a tendency to blonde, KD has a tendency to be very southern, and PBP tends to be a little more out of state and relaxed. AXO, AGD, and ADP are all super ambitious, involved girls, AXO tends to be a little more Christian, ADP is a little more reserved and preppy, AGD is still getting over the facebook incident. GPB, ZTA, DDD are fun, very face-oriented, GPB is mostly out of state, ZTA is focused on looks, and DDD is trying to tone it down. DZ, SK, and AZD are very similar, genuine girls who go out a lot, although DZ is top in grades and involvement, and SK has a strong philanthropy. DG and KKG are nice, often overlooked sororities, neither of them have big philanthropy events. XO and AOP are both "nice girl" sororities, Chi O is known to be a little more outdoorsy, and AOP has some big personalities. And theta is theta.

By: Similar
by: Spot OnDec 1, 2015 10:04:09 AM

I was just browsing out of boredom, but wanted to add that this is the most accurate, unbiased and truthful representation of each sorority.

By: Spot On
#37  by: oos   

I'm coming to Auburn next year as an out of state student from St. Louis. I have the grades and ec's for the honors program, I come from a Christian family, but I also want to have fun. What sorority would most likely give me a bid? Or what ones would I enjoy?

By: oos
#38  by: outdated   

This question and the descriptions of each sorority were written two and a half years ago! Hardly relevant today!

By: outdated
by: True butAug 13, 2015 4:20:36 PM

The truth is...
Top Tier will always be (abc order): ADPi, Alpha Gam, Chi O, KD, and Phi Mu. It's been that way for a LONG time and won't change anytime soon.
However, all of the groups at Auburn are amazing and offer great opportunities for their sisters. All have pretty, smart, fun, sweet, genuine girls. All have girls who love to go out and girls who don't. All have strong sisterhoods. And everyone has friends in every group. Can't go wrong at AU!!!

By: True but
by: OLD INFO!!!!Aug 13, 2015 4:36:28 PM

First, this post is old.

Second, it MIGHT have contained a bit of truth years ago, but it no longer holds true.

Auburn's recruitment uses the "newer" system for inviting PNMs back to parties. This system favors a more equal recruitment across all groups. Over the past few years, the houses have become much more equal. The notion of "tiers" or "best" sorority on campus is quickly becoming very outdated.

As many have said. . ...EVERY house is great and EVERY house has great girls.

By: OLD INFO!!!!
#39  by: Wondering   

How important are grades with sororities?

By: Wondering
by: Very important Aug 15, 2015 6:42:40 PM

Grades are very important to all houses.

By: Very important
#40  by: this is so right but....   

my view
- stuck rich girls who walk around like they are better then others: KD, Phi Mu, alpha gam
- over looked and are great girls: Alpha Chi, Chi O, Tri Delt
- smart: AOpi ADpi
- sweetest, who have a good time: Zeta, Pi Phi
- party party party- alpha Z, sigma kappa, DZ, gamma phi
- not really sure: kappa, DG, theta
Just my opinion, love them all..... but this is what the guys have said..
oh and Hottest ranks are:
1. pi phi
2. phi mu
3. zeta
4. sigma kappa
5. chi o
6. kd
7. alpha gam
8. A D pi
9. alpha chi
10. gamma phi
11. tri delt
12. dg
13. dz
14. kappa
15. aopi
16. alpha Z
17. theta

By: this is so right but....

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.