facebook

rushing overview

by: ....

Does anyone want to give an overview of what the whole process of rushing for a sorority is like? I want to go to TCU next year and rush but I kind of want to learn more about the process... is there a possibility that you don't get a bid at all?

Posted By: ....
Post Reply Report
Page 5 of 5
#41  by: Girlfrog   

What makes recruitment stressful is being completely out of control of the things that matter and having a preconceived belief that you fit x house. If peoplewould be their best and be excited about every house its a great way to meet new friends even if you end up in a different house. You will share a once in a lifetime experience and bond. At the end of the stress you have a whole house of new sisters. Now that isn't so bad!

By: Girlfrog
#42  by: Tip   

This is a good post. It gives a pretty honest description of what to expect.

By: Tip
#43  by: Cuz   

A you should know like of read

By: Cuz
#44  by: Advisor    

It is one of the oddest experiences ever. You meet girls while rushing yet you are competing too. You stress over your dress, appearance and coming off as personable even though your sweating, your feet hurt, people are sing and clapping at you all day. Your herded like cattle Fro house to house all trying to out do each other and which you can really know anything about in your short and fake visit. You wait anxiously for a envelope each night that will make you happy and cry before the weeks up...Only women would do this by choice! Then sisters and a house of new friends make it all worthwhile. Get ready for a roller coaster!!!!

By: Advisor
#45  by: .   

This is something girls should read through. Not to be discouraging but so that you will be prepared.

By: .
#46  by: Girl   

I believe PNMS would be well served by reading this entire thread. I'm not trying to scare anyone but I don't believe the majority of girls understand the emotional roller coaster you are about to embark on and being emotionally prepared is as important as what clothes you are wearing or small talk speech you've prepared.

By: Girl
#47  by: TcU   

Read on PNMS

By: TcU
#48  by: TexasGirl   

Rush is hectic, hot, emotional and stressful. You need a go with the flow attitude and be open to each house you enter. You never can know for sure where your new sisters will be.

By: TexasGirl
#49  by: B   

Bump

By: B

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.