facebook

rushing overview

by: ....

Does anyone want to give an overview of what the whole process of rushing for a sorority is like? I want to go to TCU next year and rush but I kind of want to learn more about the process... is there a possibility that you don't get a bid at all?

Posted By: ....
Post Reply Report
Page 3 of 5
#21  by: Froggg   

This is another helpful post

By: Froggg
#22  by: Galfrog   

Girls should read this not to freak them out but to prepare them.

By: Galfrog
#23  by: V   

Another good post for incoming girls.

By: V
#24  by: Yep   

This is a truthful picture of the process

By: Yep
#25  by: Toad   

Recruitment will be HOT, emotional and confusing. You will be going through this process with 1000 other girls who all want a bid from the same hand full of houses. It isn't enough to be a legacy anymore or beautiful or have money. Having gone through the process I cannot even explain why some houses asked me back and some didn't. I came here thinking I wanted a set house because I knew the name and thought I knew what it would be like. I was cut from that house on the third day and was in tears. I accepted a bid from a house I hadn't aspired to but that is well thought of. God is do good! Now I see why I didn't get the house I thought I wanted. Their members have totally different values and I would have hated it. I love my house and am sure I am in the best group for me. Above everything else, be open minded and things will work out.

By: Toad
by: @toadMay 4, 2015 6:16:51 PM

My experience was almost a mirror to what you wrote. IF you stay true to yourself and have a open heart to the houses that want to be your sister for life things WILL work out.

By: @toad
#26  by: Newbie   

So I was already nervous and this just made that worse but it's probably better to know now rather than later

By: Newbie
#27  by: Sunnyside   

Your time in each house is short so be as positive, talkative and friendly as
Ossicle. You will experience disappointment at some time during the week so be prepared and remain calm. Every day you come back your visit will be longer and more personal. It is a hot, tiring and emotional time but keep your mind on the prize which is a house of new friends who chose you from 1000 girls. No matter the letters on the door, that should make you know you are a special person to that group. Be grateful and excited to begin a journey to lifetime friendships.

By: Sunnyside
#28  by: G   

This thread needs to move up!

By: G
#29  by: !!   

Move up

By: !!
#30  by: Purple Poster   

This is good to know too new girls

By: Purple Poster

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.