facebook

i'm not fitting in in my sorority

by: honest

I'm in a top sorority. Everyone is really nice, but I'm just not fitting in. Many of the girls are already best friends and planning trips together and I feel like the outsider. I don't want to quit. I'm just not sure that I can do this for four years. Any advice?

Posted By: honest
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 3
#1  by: try   

try to lose some weight and maybe you will fit in better.

By: try
#2  by: advice   

stick it out a little longer and see if you become closer with the girls and drop if you still feel this way. sororities are for sisterhood and should enhance your life - not make you feel uncomfortable or sad.

By: advice
by: @^Sep 14, 2014 9:42:13 PM

This is great advice. You do not go through initiation for a while so stay with it until then. If you still do not feel this is the right group for you I would drop then. Some houses have spring rush and you would know a lot more about the houses during recruitment next fall. Just because a house is said to be top it does not mean it is the best for everyone. Keep trying and then follow your heart.

By: @^
by: PurpleSep 17, 2014 11:50:47 PM

Amen

By: Purple
#3  by: ---   

This is a perfect example of just because it's called "top" it doesn't mean it will make you happier. I would stick it out as long as possible because if you drop from a top house you probably won't find another top house that will bid you.

By: ---
#4  by: deal with it   

Many girls would kill to e in your spot. Grow up and deal with it. If you drop nobody will bid you. That is the truth.

By: deal with it
#5  by: go home   

Go home. Go to a junior college and your helicopter mommy can control your life forever.

By: go home
#6  by: ?   

Were you a legacy? Most chapters are resentful of having to take legacies.

By: ?
#7  by: TCU   

Especially if you were not a person they would have chosen otherwise. If things don't get better then do not initiate where you are stuck forever.

By: TCU
#8  by: honestly    

If your parents are paying for it, just stick it out. You can be one of the more mellow, less active members and still get the long term benefits of being in a sorority. If you drop, you will never get into another sorority. There are lots of girls in sorority, that aren't all that into it . Especially senior year.

By: honestly
#9  by: Hummmm   

If your sorority makes you feel disconnected then it isn't the right one for you and their perceived rank is meaningless. If you drop you will most likely end up in a lower tier house but if you are happier that may be more important. Only you can decide what to do with such a personal decision but be warned your options will be limited if you drop.

By: Hummmm
#10  by: Freshman   

That's sad because my experience has been that if I open myself to new friends they are there. I would keep trying because dropping wouldn't fix everything. You are in a difficult situation.

By: Freshman

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.