facebook

i have too much time on my hands on this vacation.

by: My opinions

1 ΠΚΑ 164 The most stable of the huge houses. Consistently pretty good at everything.
2 ΣΑΕ 138 I don't know how they did it but they are in a ton of trouble and are still killin’ it.
4 ΣΧ 123 Similar to Pike but a bit less consistent with rush, I hear.
5 ΔΤΔ 147 They are the "nice guys" of the top houses which makes people like them.
6 ΑΚΑΚ 125 The fastest climbing of the bigger houses. Need to get their origination together still.
7 ΣΦΕ 171 Being known as a sorority isn't good, but the amount of events they have with them is.
8 ΑΤΩ 112 They need to get their act together and fast to salvage what they still have.
9 ΦΔΘ 124 Solid and have a cool house.
10 ΣΑΜ 84 For being a small house they can really hold their own.
11 ΦΓΔ 113 I will get some flak for this but I give a lot of credit to momentum and new houses.
12 ΦΚΨ 145 Who knew they were so big?
13 ΖΒΤ 110 Seem to have some image problems but still holding their own.
14 ΘΞ 152 Again who knew they were this big?
15 ΔΥ 106 Block and over 100? Not too shabby.
16 ΣΝ 70 Second smallest house in the top 20 but working on a classy image; might just work.
17 ΔΧ 86 Normally would be higher but sources say they are about to get in big trouble.
18 ΑΓΡ 62 Super solid organization but still small and filled with farm boys.
19 ΑΣΦ 121 Big house but seems to be stalling on the climb.
20 ΛΧΑ 117 R.I.P. If they make it out with a charter good luck with rush.
21 ΑΕΠ 128 They are too tame for their own good.
22 ΨΥ 82 Cool house

Posted By: My opinions
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 4
#11  by: @OP   

Thanks for adding the chapter sizes. It really puts things into perspective.

By: @OP
by: billyJul 4, 2014 5:13:46 PM

Wow, some houses have huge memberships !!
With 170+ in a house, do they even recognize each other on campus? It makes wearing letters very important.....

By: billy
by: justinJul 5, 2014 7:13:07 AM

I'm told the big/small frats used to be categorized by their size such as orange/blue etc. Was this only for IM sports in the way Div I and Div II do it? Or was there more such as sorority exchanges etc?

By: justin
#12  by: Orange and blue   

So to my knowledge the whole orange and blue distinction was for the size of a fraternity. Back then being small did not have the same stigma as it does now. In fact it sometimes was very positive. The distinction was that some fraternities wanted to stay small and therefore to show that they wanted a cap classified themselves with a different color.

By: Orange and blue
by: jonesJul 5, 2014 8:03:43 PM

What is the stigma associated with small frats ??

By: jones
by: Orange and bluJul 5, 2014 11:32:35 PM

At illinois it seems to me that people think that smaller houses are inferior to big houses only due to size.

By: Orange and blu
by: @orange and blJul 21, 2014 7:50:13 PM

that's because only big houses have good social calenders

By: @orange and bl
by: o and bSep 17, 2014 1:34:58 PM

The classification was mostly for intramurals, to make it possible for smaller houses to have a shot at winning in athletics. Not really fair for a house with 40 members to play a house with 120 members in football. An average Blue house would spank the best Orange house. Not insulting anyone, I was in an Orange house back in the day.

Everything else, Rush/Academics/Greek Week/etc. they all competed together.

By: o and b
by: o and bSep 17, 2014 2:17:18 PM

Back then being small had a stigma, if you want to call it that, maybe even more than it does now. That is because a good sorority with 150 girls in it would not want to do a major event with a 40-member fraternity.

I was in an Orange house, and one difference back then was the existence of Little Sisters. They were just a bunch of girls who were considered friends of your house. For most frats it did not have a negative connotation like people nowadays think it had, and most houses including mine treated them with respect. But what it meant was you had a bunch of cute girls from various sororities (and some non-sorority girls) that you could invite to events on a regular basis. I know they still exist unofficially - but shhhh! ;-)

By: o and b
#13  by: DChi   

What is supposedly about to happen to D Chi?

By: DChi
#14  by: Rome   

I've never felt satsfied after reading a post on this website before...
Good job.

By: Rome
#15  by: Bump   

Bump

By: Bump
#16  by: Agreed   

I'd move ato up and sigep up. Overall pretty legit.

By: Agreed
#17  by: Selfieee   

^that. Up SPE and ATO. Rest is good.

By: Selfieee
#18  by: Bump   

bump, bump

By: Bump
#19  by: @ op   

bump

By: @ op
#20  by: @ op   

Where is the sorority version

By: @ op

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.