facebook

what are the real sorority rankings here?

by: Haylie

What are the real sorority rankings here? Top tier? Mid Tier? Bottom Tier?

Posted By: Haylie
Post Reply Report
Page 4 of 5
#31  by: fratcat   

This shouldn't influence you at all. YOu should go through the process and find your home. They all have great qualities and all have room to grow. Be open and have fun.

By: fratcat
#32  by: Greeeeeeeeek   

APHI
Chi Omega
AXID
DZ
DG
Tri Sigma
Phi Mu

By: Greeeeeeeeek
#33  by: AKE   

Do yourself a favor and don't take this ranking seriously because all of the sororities have things to offer that are really good and it is a matter of where you feel comfortable and included and where you can grow and be a leader. All of the sororities have this to offer. Be happy where you land and make it the best decision you ever made.

By: AKE
#34  by: Fratboy   

Delta Gamma
Alpha Xi Delta
Phi Mu
Delta Zeta
Alpha Phi
Chi Omega
Sigma Sigma Sigma

By: Fratboy
#35  by: HAHAHA   

It is HILARIOUS that sigma's come on here and post rankings of themselves in them middle over and over again as if that's going to fool anyone!!! They are BOTTOM always. There is NO WAY they do better than Chi O or Phi Mu during recruitment. They get the leftovers and most those leftovers even drop instead of taking a bid from them. Just STOP pretending your above other houses. You're not. You're dead last. In grades, involvement, looks and popularity.

By: HAHAHA
#36  by: SRCadvice   

This forum is not healthy for anyone interested in Greek Life nor is it healthy for anyone in Greek Life. It is not something anyone who is truly embedded in the Greek Community would suggest you give any real value to whatsoever. You owe it to yourself to find your home with any of the remarkable chapters on our campus and embracing the positive things all are doing individually and as a whole. There are no bad choices on this campus.

By: SRCadvice
#37  by: Campus Cutie   

This is how it actually is after you combine grades and sisterhood and how well you would get along with everyone there.
Alpha Xi Delta - Cool, beautiful, decent grades
Alpha Phi - Barbies, ditzy, popular, bad grades
Delta Zeta - #1 grades, chill, fun philanthropy
Chi Omega - down to earth, classy, #2 grades
Phi Mu - sisterly, fun, decent grades
Delta Gamma - kinda uninvolved, decent grades
Tri-Sigma - leftovers, constantly recruiting, WORST grades
I'm in Greek life at KSU and I can tell you I did not rate my sorority number one because that's not true, but we are one of the few cool ones...

By: Campus Cutie
by: wutSep 26, 2015 6:57:09 AM

Campus cutie is an a-hole #1

By: wut
by: truthSep 28, 2015 9:44:04 PM

^^ no, I'd say she is observant. All of this is positive and/or true. My guess is you're a sigma...

By: truth
#38  by: NotASigma   

Top Tier: A Xi D, Alpha Phi, and DZ
Middle Tier: DG, Chi O, Phi Mu
Bottom Tier: Tri Sig

So many girls in recruitment dropped rather than accept a bid or even go pref Tri Sigma... they really are leftovers. Invited back literally every single girl for house tours, girls went in groups of 100 as opposed to groups of 30 or so at top houses like Alpha Phi. I'm sure it's still fun to be in, if you don't mind the bottom-tier reputation.

By: NotASigma
#39  by: Notingreeklife   

I'm not a member in greek life but from what I observe & how I'd rank the sororites if I went through recruitment it goes like this:
ΔΓ: great in grades, looks and popularity. theyre not too stuck up and are really genuine girls based off of who I've met
ΔΖ: great in philanthropy, mostly pretty and really unique girls. haven't met a lot but I've heard nothing but good things
ΑΞΔ: these are all popular and look good. Don't really see many around campus like I used to
ΑΦ: Obviously a lot of girls' first choice because of their strong recruitment skills and popularity, all of the ones I've met are really pretty but also fake and stuck up. Haven't really met anyone that seems genuine. They have a great philanthropy and are well known but I'm not sure if they go to other organizations philanthropies and show support.
ΦΜ: Obviously the new chapter, so they struggled a bit but are definitely rising up. Generally a melting pot of girls since they are new but most of the girls I've met are really sweet and pretty.
ΧΩ: This is the eclectic group of girls, high grades for sure but theres not much else. I've met maybe one or two of them? They don't seem to make their presence known on campus.
ΣΣΣ: Obviously bottom tier, as it seems from this feed the other sororites would like to keep them here which is not at all what greek life should be about, shouldn't y'all be empowering one another? Anyways, I've met a few and they've all been really nice and welcoming. Avg looks for sure

By: Notingreeklife
by: NotingreeklifeOct 13, 2015 9:10:48 PM

BUT with all this being said, go where you feel comfortable. Don't ever feel pressured to choose a house based off of others opinions or where your friends are going. Even if you get dropped by your favorite sorority and a bid from the one you ranked the lowest, go to bid day, get pledged in, meet some of the sisters outside of the high stress environment that is rush. You are not embedded into it until you are initiated, you have weeks to decide if it is or isn't your forever home. Who knows what you may find behind the matching t-shirts and loud screaming and cheering.

By: Notingreeklife
#40  by: ohgeez   

Listen...a lot of bashing on here is probably the efforts of a very few. The majority of classy Greeks are really good to each other despite the letters they wear. There are so many girls who are friends with other girls in other sororities, empower each other and make a real difference on campus and in the community. Every sorority has their standouts. Every single one. Every sorority has beautiful girls and some girls who maybe aren't considered beautiful by physical traits but are definitely beautiful people. Every sorority has those who want just the social aspects of the sorority and don't really embody the essence of the true sorority girl. Education, training, coaching and exposure helps. Every sorority has wonderful leadership and an overall positive and caring nature. But, on here...anonymously and sometimes very cruelly, mean-spirited comments to make girls feel less than worthy, interesting, beautiful and effective and set the course for stereotyping. I am on Panhel and I have to say it is a disgrace. I hear so many people talk about this site and it is meaningless. What matters is what you do personally. What you contribute. What you put out there. Be confident. Be happy. Be kind. You all are rockin' baes!

By: ohgeez

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.